SleepKiller's Shader Patch - v0.8.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Calrissian97
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: ANF - ISM Skin Changer - BF1 Ports
Games I'm Playing :: All teh BFs

Re: SleepKiller's Shader Patch Beta - v0.5.0

Post by Calrissian97 »

Nice! This revision fixed the real flaky water bug!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Shadows are still dark, but honestly I'm just happy with the water fixed. :mrgreen:
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Are you going to release a downloadable version with the soft shadows enabled+everything included? I would really appreciate this :D
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal
xbox live or psn: N/A

Post by SleepKiller »

thelegend wrote:Are you going to release a downloadable version with the soft shadows enabled+everything included? I would really appreciate this :D
I aim to hopefully have Soft shadows back in the next release in some form. I'm unsure however what you mean by "everything included" though. Can you elaborate?

I also wouldn't mind some opinions from anyone following this project. Currently I'm working on an editor for Shader Patch. Their are a couple reasons for this. The first is the intention of letting you import stock maps and giving you a useful base to convert the map over to using PBR materials. The second is the primary reason, SWBFII's global illimitation options are kind of lackluster (either two hemisphere lights or prebaked vertex lighting). I'd like something better and easier to use, like lightmaps. Thus I'm writing the editor in order to have a way to bake them and apply them to any model. However I'm unsure how much I should actually focus on this. If it's something that a couple of people like the sound of and are now eagerly awaiting I'll be inclined to focus on it and include it in the next release. Otherwise I'll likely just slowly work on it for myself and it may or may not one day come to something.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

SleepKiller wrote:I'd like something better and easier to use, like lightmaps. Thus I'm writing the editor in order to have a way to bake them and apply them to any model. However I'm unsure how much I should actually focus on this. If it's something that a couple of people like the sound of and are now eagerly awaiting I'll be inclined to focus on it and include it in the next release. Otherwise I'll likely just slowly work on it for myself and it may or may not one day come to something.
This would be absolutely outstanding! It's a huge pain to use XSI to bake lighting into the vertices, especially since the red and blue color channels are swapped when munged for whatever reason and the models need to be heavily tessellated in order for it to look good. Do you have any sort of UI wireframes mocked up that I/we could take a look at? :o
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal

Post by SleepKiller »

Marth8880 wrote:This would be absolutely outstanding! It's a huge pain to use XSI to bake lighting into the vertices, especially since the red and blue color channels are swapped when munged for whatever reason and the models need to be heavily tessellated in order for it to look good. Do you have any sort of UI wireframes mocked up that I/we could take a look at? :o
Sure I have a (very) rough idea of the layout of the main editor UI. (Not much more at this stage.) Any feedback anyone has on it would be much appreciated, as my experience in UI design is so limited that all I can do is create something that would be useful for me.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The actual application won't be using WPF (I just mocked up the UI in Blend because I find it easy to use.), it'll be using dear ImGui, probably.
Güffel
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Güffel »

i am not sure but i think the Water high rez reflektion is not working for me anymore+
but i'm realy not sure :?
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal

Post by SleepKiller »

It's been the case for a while now that SP defaults to (as an optimization) using a reflection buffer half the size of what is needed for pixel perfect reflection. (The same thing it does for the refraction buffer.) This is still much higher resolution than what the game normally uses and in general this is not noticeable. If you open "shader patch.yml" in your favourite text editor you can control the scale used for both the refraction and reflection buffers. (Using "ReflectionBufferScale" and "RefractionBufferScale" under rendering respectfully.) Setting them both to 1.0 will give you the best quality.
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal

Re: SleepKiller's Shader Patch Beta - v0.6.0

Post by SleepKiller »

I've posted a new release with quite a few changes. I've also posted some new screenshots in the original post showing off some of these. The most important change in my mind is that the Effects system now plays nicely with just about any map and is easier to use and package up with maps. I've got a rough tutorial on how this works over https://github.com/SleepKiller/swbfii-shaderpatch/wiki/Using-Effects-System-With-Integrating-Tools.

Since I've made a lot of "risky" (changed water, shield, stock bloom, etc) changes in this version I'd love to hear feedback from anyone using this. Especially if you integrate the Effects system with your map (which remember doesn't stop people who don't have SP from using your map). Since a lot of people seem to drawn to use Discord as their communication platform of choice (I'm not sure I really understand it, but I'd like to make it easy for people to give feedback) I've tossed one up for this and any of my other SWBF related stuff. Please feel free to use it, this site or GitHub to give feedback, make requests or whatever! Discord Link
VictorPLopes
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: SleepKiller's Shader Patch Beta - v0.6.0

Post by VictorPLopes »

Hi, I am using your Shaderpatch and I am loving it, but I found some problems. While some of the shadows are just fine, some are simply a black box and other are a black blur. All of my SIDEs are customs, but only specific SIDEs in specific maps have this bugged shadows:
This clone on Coruscant for example has boxed shadows (most of the clones display this shadows on Coruscant).
The clones on Kashyyyk however, have blurry shadows, intead of normal or box ones.
These stormtroopes have correct shadows.

I don't know why this is happening, but I have HarrisonFog's graphics mods, custom Sides, Battlefront 2 HD Menus and Rezzed Maps.
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal

Re: SleepKiller's Shader Patch Beta - v0.7.0

Post by SleepKiller »

v0.7.0 is out. As always the links in the main post will take you straight to it. It adds in more effects for modders to play around with (including a form of the long requested soft shadows) and some end-user performance options for said effects, amongst other things. As per usual I'm always keen for any thoughts anyone has about it.

---
I've posted a new bug fix release resolving most of the issues people have reported with v0.6.0 and also some long standing issues with Intel GPUs.