Rhen Var: Trenches

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Rhen Var: Trenches

Post by kiprobin »

After being locked in quarantine for several weeks with little else to do, I have now finished my first map, Rhen Var: Trenches. It is very intense, has heavy vehicle/turret combat, and has starfighters as well. Here is the download link:

https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-b ... renches-11

The sound on the y wings turret doesn't work (got all the other sounds to work, but that one still eludes me), and feel free to lmk about bugs, suggestions, etc.
I am also thinking about turning this into a series type thing, with intense trench warfare in open areas with a lot of turrets and walkers. Basically I would do something in this style for places like tatooine, crait, endor, whatever really. I wouldnt try to mimic the movies or to replicate ea's versions of those maps, but just create very intense walker assault gameplay similar to this map in those environments. Lmk what you guys think of this idea and what maps you would like, or of any comments/criticisms/suggestions for this map.

Big thanks go out to Wideboy, Squeddies, Psych0fred, and Caleb1117 for assets
Hope you guys like my first go at designing a map!

Oh yeah, here are some screenshots
Last edited by kiprobin on Fri May 01, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Rhen Var: Trenches

Post by MileHighGuy »

Nice use of assets!
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

It looks interesting, I'll give it a try!
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by kiprobin »

A 1.1 version has been released here: https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-b ... renches-11
Things changed in this version:

-Altered command post and planning layout to both help with balancing and to encourage more fighting in the trenches themselves

-Altered reinforcement count to help with balancing

-Various object fixes

-Various texture fixes

-Infantry music has been fixed (the music it plays is different each time and seemingly random - i have no idea how to fix this but at least it works now haha)

-Snow has been added

This will probably be the last update to this map as I now switch my focus to the next map in this series, which will be Tatooine, but nevertheless feel free to post about any suggestions, bugs, ideas, etc. Have fun guys!