Citadel Beta 0.95 April 17th 2006 Update

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Matrix_rdx

Post by Matrix_rdx »

@ TAW_pinx you must add a death zone outside the map. because i have fallen down the bridge ...and i could walk there and didn't die
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Matrix - light inside has been added and death regions will be there for final release. Also, I plan to bring in Hero Assault for another game mode, but no one really plays CTF all that much, so I don't think I'm going to worry about that. I'd rather perfect Conquest and Hero instead.

Is the Fire from the lanterns a big deal for you guys, or is it alright to just forget about the animation? I'm debating this as it could increase how long it takes to release the final.

BTW, I forgot how much of a difference the turrets make...it really is starting to feel like the first one w/ the addition of Jedi of course. Whoever suggested Yoda was BANG ON as that feels like the Clone Wars cartoon, great suggestion and Dooku as well since he's not in a lot of maps (only Geonosis?).
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

No CTF? :(
That's the mode I was looking most forward to on this map! Once someone actually gets CTF to work on a map (I haven't seen it yet, but Teancum says he's close), maybe you could hand it over to someone else to integrate if you don't want to.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Hey Pinx -- If you don't want to bother with CTF mode, I'll do it for you and send it back. Shouldn't take but 1-2 nights at most.
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Well Tean, if others express interest in CTF as well, I'll make it. I just didn't think alot of people played it, that's all. I haven't completely gotten a hang of layers yet, but if I do, I will probably end up adding it since you might as well have as many options as possible, right? :)

I'm being careful releasing another one since I want to make sure that the final version IS THE FINAL VERSION. lol - too many of the same map get confusing for everyone.

Tean - give me your Xfire and maybe we can discuss layers a little more, I mean the doc's are decent, but I really don't want to screw up what I've already accomplished!! :)
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

Two flag CTF on this map would rock!

One flag would maybe be a bit too easy (I dunno). But I would really be all for Two Flag CTF.

Cinadel is probably the one of my most favorite maps on BF1... so I'm extremely interested in this project.

Its looking great so far. Haven't ran into any bugs on the map, even though I think others have reported them. Course I wasn't looking for bugs that much, I try to let the bugs find me... rather then myself find them.

The only other suggestion I would have is add in the turrents. Maybe you already have, I dunno. My version could already be out of date. The turrents aren't a big deal, but I think it would be best to add them in.

EDIT: Yeah, scratch the turrents comment, just noticed that you did say you added them. Good deal.
Last edited by Y2g2006 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

TAW_pinx
Can you add sun? IMHO map is darkly...
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

@ Pinx -- I don't use XFire... just MSN. tazztazz@hotmail.com
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Thanks Tean, I'll throw you on my list when I get home from work.
BTW, GT isn't hiring full time modders for Salary are they? hehe

@JK, I can add some brightness if you wish, just brighten up the grey a little bit? You mean outside, correct?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Pinx, sup with the url for the beta, I updated it and now its all screwed up lol. GImme a new url and ill just put it up on gt. Was waiting for non beta but whatever , that this point id rather have the files up.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

@ Guru -- I know you upped the filesize limit, but I have never every been able to post anything bigger than 1mb on the server. If it's bigger than 1mb, it says "You must post a vaild URL".
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

hmm how come some stuff gets added? Ive had pics and a few movies as well as a fwe maps!?

also dont add a filesize to the forms if your uploading it , that causes issues, if its a url put filesize if its uploading to gt, leave filesize empty, it adds it itself.

It adds it Itself, heh. say that 50 times backwards. rofl
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Guys - I have Citadel 1.0 Conquest Only ready to go. Do you want me to upload this and then Tean, send you the files to add the other game modes? I'm really itching to start on something else. Possibly you can identify where we could LOSE some files in order to downsize the map size as well.

Actually, when I cleaned after adding game modes, the textures went all crazy (like yours were Tean), so my game files are not the same as my finished 1.0, but I'm working on the issue. Basically it seems like the Ground has to be about 100 units lighter than the object colour for it to match up. Ex) Ground at 255, 255, 255 (white) ; Objects at 155, 155, 155 - Possible bug? It looks wrong in Zeroedit, but when run in SWBF II, it's right. Maybe this has already been addressed somewhere else?

I'll hit you up on MSN, Tean...maybe we can get some teamwork going to get a complete map out in the next couple of days.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, it doesn't take me long to add gametypes. Just let me know what heroes you'd like, and what characters in what gamemodes (like Ep II or Ep III clones, what heroes in hero assault, etc). Should take me 2-3 days if the map is all set up.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

hey tean how do u add game modes after munging for the first time, my geo earthbound assualt only has conquest and i want to add hero and CTF
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

Tean let me know if you have/need ftp access, if the uploader isnt working for you ill make sure you have a place to put the files.
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Its great to see all these maps coming out, but is there any tutorials on how to make a new map step by step? I have read the mod tools documentation but they have not really been much help.
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Alex, all I can do at the moment is direct you to the ZeroEditor Guide (and going forward, try to keep these questions in appropriate threads). As well, look at the GT thread under SWBF2 Modding that says ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW or whatever it says...this should get you started at the very least.

So, if you're starting out:
1. GettingStarted.doc - easy instructions to make your first map
2. ZeroEditor Guide.doc - more complicated instructions...
3. PLAY AROUND / MESS STUFF UP - this is the best way to figure out what does what. Make your ABC map and screw around with it, once you're comfortable enough with objects/cp's/regions/terrain, etc. move on to start making your first beta map.
ekmek

Post by ekmek »

IS 1.0 coming soon, I'd love to play CTF and XL on this (As it is now its pretty good though).
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Definitely Obi-Wan as the Republic hero. He was the one who notified the Council of Rhen Var's seizure by the Separatists. Perhaps Grievous or Dooku as the CIS hero.

Luke Skywalker might be good for the GCW era, facing off against Boba Fett.