Geonosis: Spire Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Wow, Geonosis looks great, Derkie. I've got some feedback for you

-As others have said, I think it would be wise to randomize the CP's in Hero Assault, the same goes for XL. That way players get to use the whole map. Heck, you could put CPs wherever you want in Assault and XL.
-Hmm... the Gunship still acts funny (the rolling) - Let's talk on MSN and see if we can't find a way to fix that.
-I've got an idea for a 9th CIS hero, Gizor Delzo. He's the one that started up the droid factory on Mustafar in story mode, plus it will even up the choices - Let's talk on MSN
-I think Hunt mode will also work very well for this map (REP vs Geonosians) - Let's talk on MSN
-You can get rid of the Galactic Civil War choice by deleting this line in addme.lua:
era_G = 1

Other than that. It's great. I mean really great!
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

Teancum wrote: -Hmm... the Gunship still acts funny (the rolling) - Let's talk on MSN and see if we can't find a way to fix that.
Its like that with the Geo Fighter as well. If you're talking about the same thing I'm thinking of...

When you do the back flip... the animation is slowed down a great deal. Its more of a vunerability then an evasion (like it should be). You're left wide open for any and all attacks. Infact... its so slow that I think Heavy trooper(s) could rip you apart in an instance.

Then out of the backflip... there is a lot of rolling. I nearly wrecked myself cause I couldn't get a handle on things.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by squipple »

This map is lookin awesome.
Ground colors are still slightly off, but it's much better than before.
One thing is that multiplayer is quite unstable. I was hosting this map and playing with a couple friends and ther games crashed at random intervals. Sometimes right after spawning, sometimes after a minute or so. It only seemed to happen in conquest and the CTF's. Assault never crashed.
I'd change the music on Assault, though. Some of those Mos Eisley tunes get to you after a while. :)
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

If i click on the link of the new version it says an error in viewing the file :|.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Teancum wrote: -You can get rid of the Galactic Civil War choice by deleting this line in addme.lua:
era_G = 1
If I do that, I would also remove Hero Assault. (Hero Assault is GCW).
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

so delete just the lines for ctf and all other game modes Oo........
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

I already did... Oo......
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Derkie, you can move Hero Assault to CW, it's just set up to be used in GCW by default. -- Just change the LUA to work with CW, then change mode_eli_g to mode_eli_c (backup your files -- I haven't tested this).
So'ra

Post by So'ra »

Darth-Derkie wrote:Here is the new version: http://download.yousendit.com/9C5610C89073F006
"The download limit has been reached for this file."

Possible to upload it again?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I'm sure when he releases the next beta there will be a new link, don't worry.
Down_U_Go

Post by Down_U_Go »

can u just get a dowload on fileplanet or even better, in the dowload section for gametoast. 8)
So'ra

Post by So'ra »

Even that link though goes to you end where the same thing is said
Robotchicken

Post by Robotchicken »

its expired :|
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

DarthDerkie, are you sure this map is compatible with any domestical versions ? Instead of "Geonosis: Spire" there's G1%&$%& in instant action screen, and when trying to start the map SW:BF II says : Could not open *lvl file and is shut down.

Any suggestions ?

PS: I've got a german Version 1.1.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Protector', could you tell me in which exact directory you have extracted this Star Wars Battlefront II level's *.ZIP file ?... :?
Protector_Pulch

C:\Programme\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\Go1, and I'm not sure whether this is really off-topic - off-topic would be talking about how many other maps I've downloaded.
Subject of my question is "Geonosis:Spire", and therefore, it's not off-topic.

[No offense]
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : May I know how many "custom levels" you've placed in your "AddOn" folder so far ? Also, where have you exactly extracted each file contained in this map's ZIP Archive ? ("mission.lvl", "core.lvl", etc...)
On the other hand, this problem might be equally caused by the fact Derkie' hasn't localized this level in German, which would explain why its label isn't displayed properly in Star Wars Battlefront II interface...

PS : Pulch', I consider such a question as being "off-topic", as "Technical issues" do not have many links with the levels they're affiliated to... :wink:
Protector_Pulch

Two Custom Levels, Space Geonosis by Teancum/Schizo in folder "Space Geo" and Geonosis: Spire in "Go1"

Each File is in "C:\Programme\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\Go1"

Thx very much for your support.

Well, other question:
Does anyone know wether there are any localized german maps ? Perhaps Rens ?

PS:
You're right, this is not the perfect place for technical issues.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Rends must have localized all his Star Wars Battlefront II projects in German, I guess...
Moreover, regarding your current problem, I'm almost sure it is caused by a bad or missing Localizing of this "Geonosis : Spire" level, and only Derkie' could work out it...
So, in my opinion, you should try to send him a message through GameToast message-board's Private Messaging Sytem about that... :wink: