Geonosis: Spire Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Derkie -- PM me about CTF... I'll help you get it working. The tutorial is in the process of being written for Tatooine: Dune Sea, but it takes a few days to make the tut look nice. I can help you quickly.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

how do u change the black terrain around the edge of the map?
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

and how did u keep the laat gunship from crashing into the spire, barriers and planning didnt help me on that one :(
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

Is it possible to use the swbf1 gunship for this map and it should be used for all maps that use the gunship because
1. the bf1 gunship can hover in the air like a helicopter and thats why i love them so much
2. since bf2 added teh feature to be able to hop on top of a vehicle you can stay for the ride, the bf2 gunship doesn't have a big enough door so you can't jump into it.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

the bf1 gunship is in already, except it rolls and does backflip >:(
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

It is? Cool. I didn't now he had it in.

As for the roll controls -- you can't change that. It's just the way BF2 is set up. You can, however, adjust your controls. If you used left and right arrow in BF1 to strafe or turn, do this:

Under Starfighter Controls:
Left Arrow = Turn Left
Right Arrow = Turn Right
Left Control = Roll Left
Right Control = Roll Right

Now your controls are set up for ground AND space maps!
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Wow! It looks great Darth! I'm looking forward to playing this!

If only we can get the foilage working on converted maps. :P
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

I agree on the BF1 Gunship. The bf2's rockets and missles are desinged for space and are WAY too powerfull and big looking for ground maps.

So grab it from the BFBuilder assests.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Gunjak wrote:the bf1 gunship is in already, except it rolls and does backflip >:(
It is not, it is still the BF2 one. But I'll change it into the BF1 one.

Post by Guest »

Teancum
Offtopic

Today I put assets folder (SWB 1 Mod Tools) to assets folder (SWB 2 MT). And SWB 2 MT CAN show republic jedi starfighter, stap, mtt, cis lander, old maf etc. Can you tell more?! :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, in a future project (after I finish the three maps I'm converting) I will release source files for mappers to use that have all of the missing vehicles from BF1 for use in BF2.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

I changed the Gunship in the SWBFI one, all it's sounds are working :D, but...
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

nice!!!
we should always use that gunship for a map
splinterCell

Post by splinterCell »

I don't know if i'm the first one to notice but there's a bug (latest version) where even if the spire CP is captured by an enemy the 20 seconds to victory timer shows up.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

I think I fixed that problem now, there was a object called cp6, and a cp called cp6, the game probabely choosed the object... :?

I have many other fixes for the next version:

-SWBFI Gunship
-Working 1 flag CTF and 2 flag CTF
-XL mode
-Geonosians spawning as locals
-No turrets on Hero Assault
-Lasers of the Geonosian Fighter fixed
-Republic destroyable cp is not floating anymore
-Speed of the Geonosian Fighter decreased
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Man, this sounds really awesome Derkie. I look forward to trying it out. Glad you got all the modes working ;) so we can pack in as much gameplay as possible.
Emraz

Post by Emraz »

Heres a question though thats being avoided slipery slippery like. How do you get this map and the others onto a dedicated server when theyre donr. loved te old Geonosis. Wil the up coming map pack have dedicated server instructions with it???
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

Might need to cut down on the amount of Geonosians (sp?) that spawn on the map. When you kill them... they don't count as a point or anything in the battle. And when the numbers get low... you find yourself fighting a lot of Geos, and its really a lost cause.

I dunno the exact amount you have set for the map... but you might want to cut the amount down to 33% or 50% less then what you have. The game balance just seems off.

EDIT: Two Flag CTF appears to be very promising. I think most of the problem with it is maybe the AI doesn't know how to handle the vehicles and what not. They didn't really pose much of a challenge to me. Then again, that might be because I was CIS. The spire seems like a huge advantage.

EDIT2: Oh, forgot to mention one minor thing... The Fighter that is in the spire doesn't seem to have any blaster fire sound.

EDIT3: In Assault... you might want to consider staggering the CPs a little. A lot of the Villans are spawning all the way back at the Techno Union ships... while all the Heros are spawning at the opposite side of the map.

Have it maybe so it looks like this. The boxed in CPs would be the ones you could change. It seems like a tough map to balance out. You might wanna look over how they had the Mos Eisley map laid out as far as CPs go (might even want to take the liberty to add or remove a few).

Overall its a good map. It just needs a few tweaks. And the CTF modes have come a long way. Good job.
lord.of.the.sith.lords

Post by lord.of.the.sith.lords »

hey Darth-Derkie would you be able to put the file in filefront because i'm having problems with yousendit

and nice mod :lol: