Geonosis: Spire Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

~NS~Avatar

Post by ~NS~Avatar »

OK, me and my clan played this and a few others for a while and here's our buglist:
Ground too dark
Sun is really low and cast really long and usually buggy shadows, raise it up so that the shadows don't look so buggy
Around the spire, there is a glitch. It's kinda hard to describe, but basically some of the texture of the towers of the spire bleeds off into sky when looked at from different angles. Easiest to see when you're a jedi and you jump on top of the spire
When a remote rocket is fired from inside the spire (as Chewy, it's great flying around the map in those things), the rocket instantly explodes. Seems the game thinks the spire is solid or something.
If the Rebublic captures all of the cps execpt the Spire, the CIS will still get a countdown from lack of spawns and lose, even though they can still spawn from there.
The Three CIS ships need more HP, they are easily taken out by Jedi and need only three volleys from the Landers to destroy. Also, they don't seem to count as spawns or towards the amount of CPs the CIS holds, meaning that the CIS could lose due to having no spawns even if they are still up.
Republic destroyable spawn (staging area?) is easily killed by detpacks, especially because of the ammo droid there. Maybe increase it's HP, maybe not, it is a bit hard to get all the way back there.

As to the ships:
ATTE works fine, as do the hailfire and spider walkers.
The Republic Lander doesn't retract it's doors when it's launched, maybe you should just remove them all together like in the original
Lander acts just like the Space map ones so it can't slow to a stop.
Backflips and rolls don't really make sense with the ship (there's suppossed to be people inside of them) so they should just be removed. Giving it no stamina should do the trick.
The missiles can still lock on, which might make them too powerful. Then again, the missiles don't hit the same area as the lasers. IMO, the missiles should match the laser's aim and should not be lockable.

The Geonosian fighter has slow rolls and backflips, lasers are blocks.
It flies a bit too fast, and it's hard to hit stuff at it's speeds.

Other than that, it's a fantastic map and I can't wait to play the finished versions. And if you haven't allready, take out boba fett and fly around the spire, it's got some good views.
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

TAW_pinx wrote:Very cool, Derkie! I'm glad to see more and more coming out. I have a VERY GOOD feeling that Cloud City will be next! That is, I've already played Cloud City in SWBF II, so be ready :)
Nice to hear that!
According the the updated Geonosis map: I'm going to test it soon and post my impressions again.

Post by Guest »

Darth-Derkie wrote:Ok, I changed the ep3 troopers to ep2 ones, and I got the geonosian turret completely working.

I tried to add the geonosian, but he is not spawning.

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2DWF ... 44FFPH60WQ
Link doesn`t work. give another plz
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Darth-Derkie »

That link does work...

I'm currently fixing some bugs.

New fixes:
1. the Technounionships have more health
2. The fog color is now brown/orange instead of white

More to come...
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Yeah the link works fine for me too. It's a double-link JK.

Post by Guest »

Darth-Derkie
But I can`t download file...umm
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Link worked for me, but sad thing is, it said it was corrupted or damaged. :(
Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

Keep up good work!

some things i want to mention:
Sunlight setting is to low wich results in very long player shadows. Move it up . You can also rotate the light like you rotate objects (c,x,z keys)
Make the sunlight also more orange so it will look more like the SWBF1 map.
Set the fog color to more brown instead of white/grey)
I miss the geonosians
Is that the geonosian music playing in background or the default one?
Jeteye1

Post by Jeteye1 »

it didn't work for me. Where exactly do you put the files?
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

In C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon And if you don't have an addon folder, create it.

Rends: Yes it is the music from the SWBFII Geonosis map. I do not have the Geonosians on my map yet because I'm not really sure how to add them.
Mekko
Private First Class

Post by Mekko »

Hi!
I simply love this map :- D I really missed this map! I found out you can continue walking for like 5 minutes before you die lol even when you cant see the ground :p
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Darth-Derkie wrote:That link does work...

I'm currently fixing some bugs.

New fixes:
1. the Technounionships have more health
2. The fog color is now brown/orange instead of white

More to come...
how did u give it more health?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

You just have to open the file named "geo_bldg_technounion_cp.odf" into Notepad, and change the value associated to following entry, Gun' :
MaxHealth = "20000.0"
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

The new version is out :wink: . Check my first post for the link and screenshots.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Hey derkie my geo map has a layer of black terrain around my map , do u know how to change it,

ur map rocks :)
figor007

Post by figor007 »

Finally I obtained to download of the archive thank to new update. After playing, I found the map really very good; In my opinion the negative points are the exchange of the Clone Commander, I like the original and it's blocked in the begining, as also the addition of the Geonosians, that only must be controlling for AI leaving the two sides with number of equal class. And the geonosian's ships could be removed. Sincerely it is very bad to control they, beyond lasers being with problems. Speeders would be better to have those equal Count Dooku used in episode 2.

That´s my opnion, only this. Good work man.

PS: And sorry my english. I use BabelFish Translator.
Jango_Fett_A
Lance Corporal

Post by Jango_Fett_A »

This map is awesome!!! Just like the BF1 geonosis :D One thing that would make it better though would be to increase the strength of the republic gunship. Whenever i play this level the gunships always crash so easily. Also, the geonosian fighter's lasers need to be fixed. Besides that, everything is perfect!!!

~Jango
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Good improvements on the colors Darth Derkie!

Not sure if I like the replacement of a faction for the geonosians. There is a way to add locals, we just need to figure it out.

The back command post platform thingy by where the gunships spawn needs to be grounded. It's levitating about a foot off the ground.
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

CTF doesn't work, I think you established that already. Honestly don't think CTF will be all that enjoying on that map. Too many easy targets. Thats my two cents on that at least.

The only other real problem I ran into is the AI in Assault seemed really dumbed down/confused at certain times. Some of the characters would literally stand in place... sometimes they wouldn't even take notice to an enemy approaching giving myself a real easy kill. Now this wasn't always the case, but it was happening often enough to take notice to it. Infact it was such a squash match, and not a big challenge, that I just quit mid game.

The map is great. Layout is perfect, it really can't get any better in my opinion.

Oh one other minor thing... I think I saw a Droideka go through a wall of the spire. Might want to look into it a little more. I can't provide much info concerning it... but I think it was near the entrance that would be off the the right (if you were Clones and facing the spire).

Also, you might already know this... but there isn't a conquest for the GCW.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Yes, CTF isn't working, when I know how to make it work, I'll fix it. There is no conquest or ctf for GCW because I removed them.