Yavin 4: Arena (beta v0.975) -- New version March 20, 06

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

If I added Plo Koon, who should he replace in Hero Assault?

Princess Leia
56%
Chewbacca
16%
Ki-Adi Mundi
9%
Aayla Secura
9%
Mace Windu
5%
Obi-Wan Kenobi
5%

Total votes: 64
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Yavin 4: Arena (beta v0.975) -- New version March 20, 06

Post by Teancum »

Heroes:
-Republic: Anakin Skywalker (Episode II version)
-CIS: Asajj Ventress (Jango Fett in XL mode)
-Rebels: Hano Solo
-Imperials: Boba Fett

Gametypes:
-Conquest
-2 Flag CTF
-1 Flag CTF
-Hero Assault
-XL

New Characters:
-Asajj Ventress (Model by neomarz1, conversion by minilogoguy18, in-game setups & odfs by Teancum, Force Wave power by Schizo)
-Anakin Skywalker - Attack of the Clones varaition (skin by Alex533)
-Yun (from Jedi Knight videogame)
-Jano Morel (made up jedi)

New for version .975:
-We have a proper Anakin from AotC thanks to Alex533's skinning
-Vehicles have been added to 1 Flag, 2 Flag, and XL modes

Bugs / To Do still:
-Vehicle sounds and rain aren't done
-Asajj has a few bugs

Download Link
Last edited by Teancum on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

RE: Yavin 4: Arena (beta v0.75)

Post by DeathRow »

Sweet map. I just refreshed the page and found this lol.

Your link doesnt work it keeps going "Cannot find server"
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

RE: Yavin 4: Arena (beta v0.75)

Post by Teancum »

Works for me... that's odd.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

works for me =) cant wait for the next release Tean"!
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by squipple »

Hey Teancum, I just DL'ed and checked it out. It's lookin good so far. A couple things:

- Ground is still really dark (everyone seems to be having this problem with the BF1 conversions)
- One CP on conquest inside the temple is way up in the air. Easy fix.
- 1 flag CTF doesn't work yet. I had this happen with my preliminary test map too, and don't know how to fix it. You can grab the flag and score the first time, but it doesn't reset. After the first score everyone just kinda stands around.
- Birds need fixing :)
- Suggestion on CTF - have the teams spawn from the opposite "rooms" (those upper enclosed areas that have CP's on conquest) inside the temple. That way there's an initial clash to try to get the flag. Otherwise it seems pretty simple to just run in there and defend that area. It utilizes more of the map then, too.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Can one of you guys post it here?
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

huh...? The download link is right up there, dude.

Post by Guest »

Nostalgie...

Bug: Boba`s flamethrower can`t show fire :oops
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

The terrain appeared fine to me, not too dark, just right.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

When you spawn the it might look off compared to the objects in the map, but once in-game and playing it will be fine. I didn't light this map. It's the exact same lighting they left in it from the BF2 Modtools (this was the only map they left in the tools but have not released).

As far as bugs go:

-I know about the CTF ones --I'm still trying to perfect the process of creating the CTF modes so I can write a tutorial
-I checked every CP on my conquest layer. They all sit right where they should. I'm not sure what's causing the problem on your end.
-Birds -- yeah, I knew about them, but forgot to mention them.
-@Squipple -- I left the CTF CP's where Pandemic left them. It really works well this way, as vehicles can be used for offense/defense while your teammate is grabbing the flag. It uses up the whole map.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Yeah on Conquest one of the arena CP's is way up in the air. But the capture and control regions work fine.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

I'm looking fwd to those CTF tutes! :) Would've been nice if the zeroedit example world CTF worked.

That CP in the air, maybe it was just the version you munged when you released. Other people are seeing it too.

As far as where Pandemic left the CPs on this one, you should at least swap sides for the goals. Right now you spawn, go grab the flag, and go back the way you came (from what I remember..it stopped after the first goal). Doesn't make it too difficult of a trip on the way back sice you're just passing your own guys. Think about 1-flag on any of the shipped maps. You have to bring the flag to a goal the other team is defending. Makes it much more challenging and fun. ;)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Oh, I didn't know that about 1-Flag... so you start at your own CP, go for the flag, then capture it at the enemy's CP? Cool.

Oh, and I'll check in-game on that Conquest CP. You guys are talking about the big temple at one end, correct?

Guess what! I've got XL (Team Deathmatch) working for CW. Fred and I are trying to figure out how to add brand new game modes. I have one all set up, but we have to figure how to get the game to recognize it. I'm hoping for a new Order 66 mode. I described it in the Custom Gameytpe Discussion thread if you want to check it out.

I'm crossing my fingers that for the final version someone will have extracted the XBox content (If they don't release Asajj and Kit for PC). This is one of the few exceptions of 'grey area' regarding copyright we'll allow, because PC users got shafted.

I'm going back and forth between Yavin 4: Arena, Bespin: Platforms, and Tatooine: Dune Sea (I usually switch when I'm stuck on something).
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Well, you don't capture it at the enemies CP, but in the 'goal' (the pulsating ring area) which is located near the enemies CP so that they can defend it.

..or maybe your comment was sarcastic..? :p

Yeah, the CP in the air is one of em in the inside of the temple up in the enclosed areas. If you play GCW, I think it's the rebels side.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

So wait... with CTF are you talking 1 flag or two flag... I'm lost lol

I'll have to play one-flag when I get home on a shipped map. That's probably the easiest way to understand.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Yeah...

1-flag is always set up so that the flag is in a location an equal distance from both goals, and your team spawns near the other team's goal. That way it makes it difficult to try to score because you have to get through the other team's troops (or try to sneak around them) to score.

2-flag is set up so that your team's spawn and goal are in the same area, but the flag you need to get is located in the other team's goal. That way, not only do you need to fight the other team to collect your flag, but you have to get out alive to bring it back to your goal.

Explaining it can be confusing, yes. You're right, it's best to just go play them and see how they work. Not all maps have both (I think it's one or the other), but since we can it'll be cool to make our maps have all modes.

FYI - someone (a TAW member) released yavin 4's temple on the lucas forums. I've yet to check it out, but maybe they've figured out some of the issues you're having. Might be a good resource.

Keep up the awesome work Tean!
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Tean,

It's unfortunate that 2 people were working on this at the same time. I would like to take this moment to say, USE THE ANNOUNCEMENT thread people! :P

It would be a shame for this to happen on a constant basis since one map can take anywhere from 3 solid days to a month to create. I, for one, have a full time job, so it's hard to find the time.

I think Artemis has released a 1.0 version, so maybe you can discuss the issues you faced and how he overcame them.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : squipple, you've mentioned the existence of a thread on LucasForums, created by a member who seems to have equally succeeded in porting "Yavin IV : Arena" from Star Wars Battlefront to its sequel... If so, could you give me a link pointing to this topic, please ?
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Sure Levithan,

Here's the Yavin 4: Arena link:
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa ... 8&tstart=0

Here's someone who released the Geonosis: Spire too:
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa ... 1&tstart=0

And Rhen Var: Citadel
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa ... 2&tstart=0

Maybe these are released by the same people, just with different names on the Lucas forums, I'm not sure.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Not Yavin, I can tell you that much.

Still, I'm going to release a proper, stable version as a final, with XL mode added on. Eventually I'm going to end up doing all of the maps/finishing them for others. Mainly because I just want them done right.