Naboo Plains Classic 1.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

BF2_Tools\assets\sides\gun\munged
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

PaNzEr gsp helped me with the animation problem behind the vehicles.

It turns out that there is a .fx file needed from the old assets. After looking in the .odf with PaNzEr this became clear.

The last problem is the Kaadu. I have used both the old source files and the new. I have used the previously munged samples and I have re-munged my own and still no working kaadu. I can get on the kaadu and it will turn and stutterstep forward but it is not working. I am ready to release after we get this one last thing fixed. Anyone have a working Kaadu out there?

I could just give the defenders speederbikes but I would like to keep the original feel. I did lighten the terrain and finish the sounds for the vehicles.

What heros do we want. I want to get this done so I can move on to other maps.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Teancum wrote:BF2_Tools\assets\sides\gun\munged
I tried the old and the new. I will clean and try again tonight
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Maybe I'm stupid, but have you tried the Kaadu in the /GUN folder? Add a line to your lua like this:

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\GUN.LVL",
"gun_walk_kaadu")

It should already be set up for anims and everything. Just make sure you call gun_walk_kaadu and not rep_walk_kaadu in your vehicle spawns. Oh, and make sure with AddWalkerType(1, 0) you set the second number to the number of Kaadu's you have (though I usually double that number to be safe).
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Yeah I did that already. There seems to be a problem with the shipped kaadu
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Looks to me your missing the global directional light that casts shadows .

I dont think theres any need to mess with the terrain other than making the directional light brighter
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Directional light added. Custom jedi added. Sound done.

I need a tester. if you see me on xfire contact me to test latest version.

xfire - artemis2005
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Here is the latest version. Please provide feedback

http://files.filefront.com/NabooPlainsv ... einfo.html
TK-423

Post by TK-423 »

Always loved this map!
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by squipple »

Lookin good Artemis. I see nothing functionally erroneous.
A few cosmetic things:
- The tree shadows are super dark. Is this because you burned the terrain and are also using directional-light shadows? If so, maybe hide the trees before you burn the terrain?
- For your Jedi Gungan, there should already be gungan sounds somewhere, maybe you could apply them to this guy.

About the Kaadu, is it possible to somehow use the tauntaun animation? I see you removed them for this version.
Also, is CTF or Assault in the works?
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

I think the view distance is too high! This in combination with the grass makes the game lag badly when I play this map.
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Same for me
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

squipple wrote:Lookin good Artemis. I see nothing functionally erroneous.
A few cosmetic things:
- For your Jedi Gungan, there should already be gungan sounds somewhere, maybe you could apply them to this guy.
Good idea
squipple wrote:About the Kaadu, is it possible to somehow use the tauntaun animation? I see you removed them for this version.
Artemis tried and tried and then I worked on it as well, the Kaadu anims are borked and unfortunately the Tuantuan's anims won't work.

@Artemis --- If I catch you online, CTF, Hero Assault and XL are super easy to put in.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

*update*

After playing, I'd agree with the dark tree shadows, and I'd also lower the view distance, as I had framerate problems and haven't had any on any other map.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Teancum wrote:*update*

After playing, I'd agree with the dark tree shadows, and I'd also lower the view distance, as I had framerate problems and haven't had any on any other map.
Sounds good. I remember this map being a lag monster in version 1. I will lower the sight distance and see if it helps. I did not think that ctf and heros fit this map well becuase it is really just a big open space. Does everyone want this. It is not hard to add. Inf fact I found a REALLY easy way to do it if you want the original spawn points.

I will also look at the jedi and see what sounds I can throw in.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

I am having trouble remving the tree shadows. They were pre-burned from the old source files and I can not seem to eliminate them or apply texture over them. Any ideas?
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Tree shadows are gone. Waiting for filefront to come back up.
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

HAY artemis great work, but can u PLZ edit ur first post, b/c i thought u didn't even bother to update this map since u didn't change the fisrt post (which i assumed would be what u would do, so i didn't bother to look further into the thread)
TK-423

Post by TK-423 »

So where's the link for the latest version? I heard the vehicle sounds were fixed. The version I have doesn't have vehicle sounds. Anyone got the link for the newest version?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : TK-423, I think you should look at the first page of the current thread in order to get an answer to your above question...