Wintos: Forest Battlefield

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:Well, in that case, maybe you should create a brand-new project, and copy the "WIN" folder - Containing your "Wintos : Forest Battlefield" *.WLD, *.SKY or other "major" files - from its current directory to the proper one, located in the newly-created project ?...
Okay.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Master', I've downloaded your "Wintos : Forest Battlefield" level's source files you uploaded a while ago, and I've noticed that the ZeroEditor's crashes you were encountering weren't caused by SWBF Mapping Tool itself or this level's WorLD file - As I feared -, but was related to the layer named "conquest", associated to the "WIN_conquest.lyr" file located into the "data_WIN\Worlds\WIN\world1" path... So, this file might be corrupted, and I think you should remove this "layer" and re-designing it to work out this problem once for all...
Of course, do not forget to make a back-up of the file mentioned above, in case of further needs... :wink:
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Thanks, I'll try that... after I fix my computer. I tried opening a Microsoft Excel document last night and my computer locked up. I restarted it, and now the OS can't be found. In the words of Watto, "I lost everything!" (at least I backed up my computer two days ago).

This computer has already been into a repair depot twice, and had more parts replacements that I want to think about, and I've had to reinstall the OS on it plenty of times. Each time, my computer's manufacturer has done a horrible job putting together or repairing it. When I get it fixed, I'll try your suggestion.
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

It looks like my motherboard is bad... it was just replaced a month and a half ago too! If you want, you can click here for more details and to help me get Alienware's attention. They've been refusing to help me.

When I get my computer fixed/replaced/etc., I'll continue working on this and other maps... hopefully it won't take too long.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Devwi', would you know the exact references of the Mother-Board you're facing "Technical Issues" with ?...
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:Off-topic : Devwi', would you know the exact references of the Mother-Board you're facing "Technical Issues" with ?...
I'm not sure I know what you mean, but with a little help from The Force, I was able to convince Alienware to talk to me. They've finally agreed to give me a whole new computer (with new warranty and everything) for free as a replacement. As soon as the President of Alienware heard of the problem, he had something done. Thankfully! I should be able to continue making maps in about 2-3 weeks when the new computer arrives!
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : I'm feeling sorry if some of my questions may be considered as being particularly "insistent", but would you mind listing me the exact "Specifications" of your upcoming AlienWare Computer, Master_Devwi ? :wink:
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:Off-topic : I'm feeling sorry if some of my questions may be considered as being particularly "insistent", but would you mind listing me the exact "Specifications" of your upcoming AlienWare Computer, Master_Devwi ? :wink:
No problem. I would give you the new specs... if I was getting the computer. I've had so much trouble with Alienware, and they're still giving me trouble, that I'm just going to build my own computer. This time I'll probably go with a dekstop instead of a notebook. You can read more about it here. The old specs are also in the link.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Instead of AlienWare, maybe you should try to get a brand-new computer from DELL ? Indeed, I've noticed that the Notebook you got from the first Company owned devices specialized in running video-games, and I think a PC similar to the DELL XPS 600 Renegade should completely satisfy you... :wink:
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:Off-topic : Instead of AlienWare, maybe you should try to get a brand-new computer from DELL ? Indeed, I've noticed that the Notebook you got from the first Company owned devices specialized in running video-games, and I think a PC similar to the DELL XPS 600 Renegade should completely satisfy you... :wink:
Thanks, but I'm just going to build a computer myself. This time I'm going with a desktop. Also, Dell just bought Alienware. LOL.