Kashyyyk: Shadowlands

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

amazingfish

Kashyyyk: Shadowlands

Post by amazingfish »

I have made a map called Kashyyyk: Shadowlands, (KOTOR)
However this map differs from the KOTOR map in some ways.
But its still a good map.

HISTORY:
VERSION 1.0 Released
Beta Testers:
BobtheBuilder, reconish
Added: Everything

VERSION 1.1 Released
Beta Testers:
Gizmo
Added: Endor+Trees

VERSION 1.12 Released
Fixed: CP's

VERSION 1.2 Released
Added: Abandoned Mining Camp

VERSION 1.3
Added: Underground Tantive tunnels
Beta Testers:
BobtheBuilder
Fixed: some stupid Bots, created more stupid Bots

EDIT:
here is version 1.4

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=5709572

I have fixed alot of things
Tantive tunnels are finished
CP1 is working
Can no longer see under caves
Ground is darker
Invisible trees gone.
Last edited by amazingfish on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
SWShellhound

RE: Kashyyyk: Shadowlands

Post by SWShellhound »

wow the first time i tried to download it gave me a movie with guys talking in jappenese
dont no what that was about, anyway i got it now i may post reactions soon
Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Epena »

Could you post some screenies?
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

i don't get it. u never posted the other versions on gametoast. Oh i see ur telling us the process. Next time when u release it it should be v. 1.0 or somthing below 1.0 making 1.0 the FINAL OR...

..... 1.0 being the starting point and going up like u did, but actually releasing each version. plus its not really a version until it is an actual working map.

it really doesn't matter what u do, but u confused me there for a sec.
Darkwedge

Post by Darkwedge »

Some of the trees are hovering and dont give cover the ememys can shoot right threw them... also I was expecting it to be alittle darker also put some small hills besides trees it seems alittle to flat and for the border of the map put some etending hills that go up but not to far up or high..... finally could you also make a set path in some places with some dirt on the ground to look like its be used... maybe around the cp's and the mining camp... also I loved the way you did teh inside broken down ship in the ground reminded me of Kotor 2. Keep at it my firend.
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

the ground is way too light compared to the objects, and the dagobah cave doesn't merge right with the terrain - you can see underneath it. also, in the tantive 4 underground tunnels, there are a couple of doorways you didn't block off, so you fall through them. there's also no damageregion below them, so you keep falling and falling and falling and falling...
additionally, for some reason it wouldn't let me capture one of the cp's in conquest.

nice map idea, but it needs a little tweaking :)
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

it was a fun map, i beat as rebals on one life, i got frenzy and then racked up kills
the cp in question is capturable, you just cant see the bar going up so you dont know if you are in range
amazingfish

Post by amazingfish »

I glad you guys like it, and I will continue to work on it.
You see, I made the eariler versions and posted them somewhere else.

Cp1 is not working because the capture region is somewhere else, I forgot to move it with the CP.
The doors in Tantive are still open because im still looking for something to put there.
Some tree are floating because I can't see it they are touching the ground or not in Zeroeditor.

I will get back with another Version ASAP. Thanks for your support.
amazingfish

Post by amazingfish »

I'm going to take your ideas and use them, they are good.
I should have another Beta out by later today.
amazingfish

Re: RE: Kashyyyk: Shadowlands

Post by amazingfish »

mnl1121 wrote:i don't get it. u never posted the other versions on gametoast. Oh i see ur telling us the process. Next time when u release it it should be v. 1.0 or somthing below 1.0 making 1.0 the FINAL OR...

..... 1.0 being the starting point and going up like u did, but actually releasing each version. plus its not really a version until it is an actual working map.

The first couple versions I released only to my friends.
Since this my first map....
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

i don't get it. There are no public servers so i can dl ur map. i was going to yesterday but i was too tired. Anyone know why there aren't any public servers?
mnl1121

Re: RE: Kashyyyk: Shadowlands

Post by mnl1121 »

amazingfish wrote:
mnl1121 wrote:i don't get it. u never posted the other versions on gametoast. Oh i see ur telling us the process. Next time when u release it it should be v. 1.0 or somthing below 1.0 making 1.0 the FINAL OR...

The first couple versions I released only to my friends.
Since this my first map....
oh ok. Like i said it doesn't really matter, i just got a little confused. Probably b/c i was tired last night. LOL
amazingfish

RE: Re: RE: Kashyyyk: Shadowlands

Post by amazingfish »

lol, ok

Yea, i noticed that there were no Public servers to, something must be wrong.
ghost_ops121

Post by ghost_ops121 »

cant dl, no public severs
amazingfish

Post by amazingfish »

im going to release the changes I made to 1.3
Soon
amazingfish

Post by amazingfish »

IT KEEPS CRASHING
amazingfish

Post by amazingfish »

got it to work, had to delete defected trees. CTF won't work but I think I can fix that.
I will release a Beta shortly
amazingfish

Post by amazingfish »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ITS CRASHING AGAIN!!!!!!!!
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

whats ur EXACT problem? what did u do before it started crashing? post those answers and maybe i or someone else can help u.
amazingfish

Post by amazingfish »

Thx, Ill post tomorrow on what it could be. Its probably some object or lighting the game doesn't like.