Vjun ACid World released

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

$iniSTar

Vjun ACid World released

Post by $iniSTar »

Ok this was my first map, the whole process really intrigues me and Im excited to be part of an art process again. the map is now at FILEFRONT (where it was submitted under my old Jedi Outcast name) . I realise that you guys are waaay beyond my amaturish level, so realise that Im on a learning slope, and that after 3 weeks of working it to my design , this was the best I could do.

Known issues:

1Black holes near the mountain garrison -tried to raise some of the layers to get rid of this and make some map boundaries, but they are probably a few left ...

2UNCAPturable beacons - I screwed something up and several of these spawn areas never show up in ZERO EDITOR

3 Spawns that dont spawn you in the right area -again this is related to number 2

4 Spawn beacon on Generator doesnt do anything- I have no clue how to make it into a working spawn area its part of the Hoth generator files.

Ok , so you can now get it at FILEFRONT , i made the map esp. for snipers and people tired of flat maps that are easy to win.

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... 72x#857807

miscellaneous- Death from going too far in the bunker area, thats on purpose to discourage wall glitchers- green rain? again this is on purpose since Vjun is a Acid world

Corrleian Cruiser doesnt explode- I never found the damage file for it.

Really appreciate any actual help either in comments or by way of instructing me, to make the map better - If it's something that isnt permanently messed up* I can fix, I'll prob. do it. :arrow:

* Like my invisible spawn points
Alex533

RE: Vjun ACid World released

Post by Alex533 »

No vaders castle?
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

Castle Bast is more advanced than Im able to do right now, but I have it in the back of my agenda to do a sequel map , one of Bast with a Vader statue and maybe a re-skinned Vader with a" ghost shader" shimmer effect. But it's beyond my skills, im still a Ronin. :yod:
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

This is a great map.
linkoftoaru

Post by linkoftoaru »

Vaders castle pwned... I wish it was in there...
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

ya it did... and the acidic rain too :D
Ven_Naul

Post by Ven_Naul »

This is a good map and the only complaint i can think of is that the AI can't get up the mountain and some fall into that hole by the mountain.
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

Yeah those pesky BLACK HOLEs on vertical surfaces are a pain , I added map boundaries but that didnt help much......
geoman777

Post by geoman777 »

Ive never played the map it was made after, but this map is ok. What it really needs is about a million more troops so it actually seems like a battlefield. I was having trouble finding enemies to shoot.
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Pretty good map, but its impossible to win without depleting all of their forces in conquest! And what is Vader's castle?
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

if you've played jk3 i'm sure you know it :P

Post by Guest »

$iniSTar
good job, but map is big, plz add vehicles
ekmek

Post by ekmek »

screenshots plz
OOM-9

Re: RE: Vjun ACid World released

Post by OOM-9 »

ekmek wrote:screenshots plz

ditto.

I can't download and run them I kinda just have to stare at screens and wish my compy worked propperly...

~OOM-9
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

My pleasure gentleman, the map already has 2 BARC SPEEDERS, 1 AAT TANK, 1 ATST , 1 Imperial Combat Speeder, 1 Rebel Combat Speeder. As I have stated before I dont want this to become a vehicle dominated map.. And yes you must win through "atritition" not by running to spawn points the fastest, Im part of Battle For the Galaxy Tournemnet , and this map addreses a early spawn glitch inherent in the game, that is ruining the competitive play.......Castle Bast is a fortress on Vjun , it becomes a locale in 2 of the expanded novels . It was rumored that Darth Vader placed Obi Wan's lightsabre at Castle Bast , and then it became a Jedi Artifact, The female Sith Lord Tavion siphoned off the remaining force aura energy she needed to resurrect Ragnos at Castle Bast in one of the last missions in Jedi Academy......Im interested in doing a BAST Castle map once I have the right skills to do it justice.

http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0XAAAAO ... 1227635755
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

Update: Next version I gave the Empire some speederbikes by request, and maybe adding 2 more Cps one each side.
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

hmmm....

would you happen to be related to sinistar11 who plays runescape?
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

sorry, not me.........