Another Map Torrent

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

ArchStanton

Another Map Torrent

Post by ArchStanton »

My last torrent didn't get much positive feedback, but then again it was only 10 maps.

Last night I spen 3 hours farting with filefront trying to download these maps, 46 of them.

3maps.zip
Alderaan_Beta_.95_2.zip
Anor_City_v1.0_Bug_Fix_version.rar
asd.zip
Bakura-Town_Assault_9.zip
BCAv1.1.zip
bes1_b90.zip
CageMatch.zip
CAV.zip
CO1.zip
COR-SPACE-BETA.zip
DDS.zip
Dels_RaxusPrime.zip
denial_insanium_v1.zip
Ep_2_Geonosis_Offensive_v1.4.zip
FST.zip
geonosis_earthboundassault.zip.zip
go1.zip
Grand_Army_of_the_Republic_alpha.zip
hidden_ruins.zip.zip
HOV_ver_.90a.zip
kamino_bf1_v90.zip
KSL.zip
lgm.zip
moonnebplan1.zip
mos_lantis.zip
MOV.zip
Mustafar_Duel_v1.0.zip
rh1.zip
Rhen_Var_Citadel_beta.zip
Saleucami_v1.1.zip
SB2.zip
SBFHeroMap2v2.zip
sernpidal_v1.zip
sp1.zip
Space_Geonosis.zip
Space_Wars.zip
SVB.zip
tat1_b75.zip
tatout.zip
theed_assault.zip.zip
undersiegebeta1.zip
vjunmapvers.1.1.zip
Wintos_-_Forest_Battlefield.zip
yavin_arena_1.0.zip
YAZ.zip

I thought I'd put them in a torrent for you.

It will be slow, but if everyone who downloads seeds for just a while, speeds should increase.

There are about 10 maps that I just couldn't get from filefront. Some were missing, servers wouldn't connect, unavailable and what not.

http://searchkelowna.ca/bf2/bf2map.torrent

If you don't know what a torrent file is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Come on, If your gonna post such a huge collection, use a better compression method such as 7-zip or WinRar.

That way this torrent will have a deffinent speed advantage over normal downloads.

A torrent should really wait for the first gametoast map-pack. Maybe you should assemble a few final maps until you have say ten, show it to Tean or Guru and make it GT official.

Just my opinions, stressing the first one.
ArchStanton

Post by ArchStanton »

I used the same compression used by whoever created the map, I just downloaded them and made the torrent. Seriously, too much time for me to recompress them all, I've already spent 3 hours putting this together. Besides, I didn't want to put them all in one archive so that if someone already had a map, they didn't have to download it.
benkenobi

Post by benkenobi »

I don't want to DL bittorrent. Sorry. I would just prefer a big file with an installation :)
ArchStanton

Post by ArchStanton »

So would I, but none exist.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

I notice you have the Alderaan Beta .95 up there. Version 1.1 is actually out by now. So, if it's at all possible, I'd rather you replace it with the newer version. I don't want a beta going around when a final is already done and available.
ArchStanton

Post by ArchStanton »

Sorry about that, I tried to get the latest version of everything, don't know how I missed that one. Perhaps it was one of the files I was having problems downloading last night. I've decided I really hate filefront. Once a torrent starts, it can't really be changed.
Krun

Post by Krun »

ArchStanton,
Thanks for posting these files to help give people another option for download.
Thanks!
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

ArchStanton wrote:Sorry about that, I tried to get the latest version of everything, don't know how I missed that one. Perhaps it was one of the files I was having problems downloading last night. I've decided I really hate filefront. Once a torrent starts, it can't really be changed.
Well... I guess it's too late then... that sucks. It's not your fault, I'm just a little irritated that Filefront wouldn't let you get the latest one. I just hope the older version won't be going around... that would really screw things up.

Just, next time, to be safe, ask me before you add one of my maps. That way I can be sure the correct and latest version will be released. Thanks.
Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

Same here. there are several of mine in there too, and Those maps are subject to change until they reach FINAL status. Asking the Author would be nice. These maps change and get updated regularly, and I doubt your torrent will reflect that.

You might want to only do final versions...that way your safe.
mnl1121

Post by mnl1121 »

stager is right. im not done with my hoth valley map either. PMing all the authors would have been nice