Space Geonosis beta 0.85 (direct questions to Schizo)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

[Matt_Man]

Post by [Matt_Man] »

Geonosis was the only ringed planet
If you could put in asteroids as thick as the ones in the battle over mustafar campaign level that would be sweet.
Ok now for my suggestions: I think that you (to increase realism) should get rid of the Invisible Hand type ship (don't know the name) as it wasn't around in episode 2 and replace it with a core ship with hangar holes. ( There's gotta be someone out there who has cut those holes for a hangar).
Also in the background add more prop type core ships with turrets on them and a bunch of acclamators.
Vauris

Post by Vauris »

Butters: The V-19 only explodes when you don't fly it into the hangar correctly. I've gotten them into the hangar numerous times without incident.

You're probably trying to enter with your cockpit higher toward the ceiling so that the downward-pointing wings have clearance, right? Don't do that; your cockpit'll smash into the ship hull and you'll explode. My suggestion is switch to first person mode when you want to land, and just fly straight in.

Worked for me.
-SP-Butters

Post by -SP-Butters »

no i did it perfectly!!! Its that blue force field thats blowing me up
I went very slow!!! explain
Vauris

Post by Vauris »

The magcon field shouldn't have any affect on starfighters passing through it. Not in the real universe and not in the game. My suggestion is that when you're coming in to land in a V-19, tap the V button to switch to first person mode, then pretend that the ship has no downward-sweeping wings and fly low toward the deck, not high toward the ceiling.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

The V-19 has bugs. I said in the first post there were lots of bugs in the map.
Vauris

Post by Vauris »

Well, I know exactly what problem he's having. It's not so much a bug as an error in perception. Watch as I attempt to create a diagram of images to explain.
-SP-Butters

Post by -SP-Butters »

i dunt see any images
Vauris

Post by Vauris »

That's because I'm putting them in this post. /ok

As you can plainly see, here I am approaching a CIS hangar in third-person view, flying relatively high in an attempt to provide clearance for the downward-facing wings.

But it doesn't quite work out as planned. As you can tell from the debris, the V-19's object collision area was actually lined up with the ceiling of the hangar, not the middle, as our visual perception would have us believe.

In this attempt, I switch to first-person view by hitting the V button, and angle myself so that I'll fly directly into the hangar.

Lo and behold, I make it inside, and the only thing I'm in danger of crashing into are the waiting ships. Which I did, several times, almost killing me. But I didn't. Behold my leet piloting. Anyway, moving on.

And now we return to third-person view to discover that the down-sweeping wings, which obviously have no object collision properties, are poking through the floor of the hangar.

The lesson of all this is as follows: When attempting to land, treat the V-19 as though it doesn't have down-sweeping wings, and you'll do just fine.
-SP-Butters

Post by -SP-Butters »

that helps, thx
Vauris

Post by Vauris »

No problem. It annoyed me too when I tried to land once and blew up. Usually when I blow up, I figure I flew too high or too low. So I took a chance and scraped my keel on the hangar floor, and got in fine.
ruasoh

Post by ruasoh »

Teancum, have you considered having Techno Union ships in this map? I'm sure you could at least have them as floating gun platforms if nothing else. And are you going to place auto turrets on the droid control ship? Again, they could always be used as a floating gun platform if no one gets the holes cut in them...
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Regarding the V-19: I've said like four times it has collision problems. It's very beta at the moment. I had to scale the ship down to even get it to take off.

@Ruasoh -- Techno Union ships might be a good idea. I can just put them in the same manner as droid control ships.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by yankeefan05 »

What is the 3 letter word folder name for this mod/map?
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

S10
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

As of today all requests/ideas/bug reports need to go to Schizo. I'll be uploading the source files to him so that he can finish it up as he sees fit.
Champ_Amos

Post by Champ_Amos »

I've just been watching Clone Wars cartoons and the engines on the V19 Torrent are blue not red. Are you going change that?