Announcing SWBF2 -ELI map Mos Eisley Dawn vers.1.3

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

$iniSTar

Announcing SWBF2 -ELI map Mos Eisley Dawn vers.1.3

Post by $iniSTar »

Ok due to the problems caused by glitchers the GATHERING clan commissioned me to craft a more glitching proof version of the MOS Eisley heroes map. Rather than be boring and just import the default map , I made some creative changes to keep it interesting.

What I would like to add in future versions is custom heroes , like Asaajii from TEANCUMS YAVIN ARENA , and and maybe I-G88 .. But for now its up at bAttlefront files and any clan wishing to use it to discourage wallglitchers and headaches are free to do so , that's why I made it.

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... 62679#Rate
This is basically a remake of MOS EISLEY HEROES ELI map, I have expanded the play area , and the boundaries are designed to discourage glitching and wall exploiters. There are 20 damage regions surrounding known areas that are commonly exploited. and the game boundaries themselves. This map features 6 CPS . Luke JEDI was replaced with Luke Pilot hero. The hangar now has the Millennium Falcon docked inside . Jabba The Hutt sits within a damage region . The ranchor monster is now roaming the streets of Mos Eisley. A Sarlaacc pit has emerged and a sail barge is parked perilously close to it's gaping maw.
Tuskenjedi

RE: Announcing SWBF2 -ELI map Mos Eisley Dawn vers.1.3

Post by Tuskenjedi »

A sarlaac in the streets? a wild rancor? Sounds kind of weird. I don't know....
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Announcing SWBF2 -ELI map Mos Eisley Dawn vers.1.3

Post by The_Emperor »

sounds like fun to me!
$iniSTar

Re: RE: Announcing SWBF2 -ELI map Mos Eisley Dawn vers.1.3

Post by $iniSTar »

Tuskenjedi wrote:A sarlaac in the streets? a wild rancor? Sounds kind of weird. I don't know....
ever seen TREMORS? it's kind of like that , had to do something with all the new areas I opened up to make use of space in the map. after playing the default map to death most will enjoy some of the novelty.

My biggest gripe is my sky has clouds , and Tattooine never had a cloudy day in its existence , if i had to pick faults with my map, thats my worst.
Epena
Old School Staff

RE: Re: RE: Announcing SWBF2 -ELI map Mos Eisley Dawn vers.1

Post by Epena »

Does the rancor actually walk, or is it just sitting there?
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

my guess is that its just sitting there, cause there are no animations for a walking rancor
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

I will download, for the rancor I think it moves as $iniSTar said, a ROAMING rancor
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

nah it dont , its roaming as in at large on the loose, but its the same default Ranchor from Jabba's dungeon. nothing special.
yoyam

Post by yoyam »

sounds good man, cant wait
im bored to death with the old mos eisly
richard

Post by richard »

This sounds really cool. Its pretty fun to jump at jabba and trying to kill him but then he kills you :P
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

Jabba kills you? How?
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

download my map and you'll find out ! :jab:
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

how to i install the .rar format so i can oplay the map?
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

Treat it like a *.zip.
Start WinRar, Select the corresponding *.rar file , click on the second button (the yellow/brown folder with a green crystal in it) and choose your Addon directory.

Well, I recently (about 2 minutes ago) answered the same question - by the same questioner^^

@ Topic
Does this map feature any other gamemodes but Eli ?
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

No, but since I still have the template , I can certainly make a conquest version if I get some requests for it, good excuse to use some of those clonetrooper skin packs you guys made.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

I really like the map, but IMHO you overdid the death regions. Sometimes, you just walk somewhere and just... die... And there's some weird command post that doesnt belong to anyone but kills you when you get near

And I really like jabba sitting there, but why would you get killed by touching him :P hes not thát disgusting :lol:

I think you should only put death regions inside the walls, not in front of them.
And dont put a death region around the map, just let the: STAY INTO THE ACTION, TROOPER! stuff do its work :D

But I dont want to sound like this map is bad or anything, cause it isnt. Not at all! I liked it a lot its way better than the original mos eisly map:P
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

I have to agree with the death regions, heres why:

For those of us who never attempted glitching, and do not necessarily know where they are, its easy to end up dead without knowing where the region is, and in that I have no clue where to avoid. I suggest making them maybe 40 percent damage regions, so if i run into one, i can escape, and know to avoid that place.
$iniSTar

Post by $iniSTar »

the damage regions are set at 35 and 45 in a few places , I would have kept the natural boundaries but once I merged the default map from assets and saved it as my new map..... several things occured , the ELI CPs became un moveable , the Mos Eisley pre-set boundaries were wiped out, and certain layers from other modes set in. I f you can tell me how to make map boundaries work in zero editor , i'll be happy to do them over in version 1.4 . So far messing with map boundaries only distorted the shape of the boundary in zero editor which became a mess beyond repair. So I used damage regions instead. Jabba is placed to cover up the worst area wall glitchers abuse and demonstrate how the damage regions works to the curious. :emp:
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Well aside from simply placing boundaries, naming them accordingly (boundary1, boundary2, etc) and then calling for bounderies in the map .req

so you have this entry in your .req:

REQN
{
"boundary"
"XXX" --------- (this is your 3 letter map name)

}
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Death Regions are prefect if you place them inside the glitch zone. That way only cheaters get hurt.