JediSupport V1.5 Prerelease - OLD (Please Ignore)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

In my next update of this mod, should I re-skin the Shield Breaker to have green stripes and use a re-skinned version of Boba Fett for the Bounty Hunter unit? Doing so will increase the download size.

Poll ended at Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:48 am

Sure make the changes.
85%
Just change the ShieldBreaker
5%
Just change the Bounty Hunter
No votes
Leave them alone.
10%

Total votes: 20
fung1224

Post by fung1224 »

archer01, I've d/l it and played it. It is better than the last mod, due to "more maps", and "new force power", and other small adjustment~

One thing i think it is a bit weird is about the "hired bounty hunter". The skin is a modified boba, and looks great. But ya know, he has a back pack, but this bounty hunter model simply can't fly. It is a bit strange.
I suggest using the old model, as it looks fine, or use other. (one more thing, there are no Mandalorian except boba in GCW era. Count out those trained by him in Yuu Zhan Vong invasion)

Anyway ur mod is my all time favourite again! Hurray! Gd Job man! :-)
fung1224

Post by fung1224 »

Hey archer01, after i've played ur mod for several hours (ya u can see the time difference between this post and my last post above), I have some ideas on the mod.

For the "hired bounty hunter", is it possible to use the "IG-88" model? It is in the "Yavin 4:Arena" mod, and some others, as long as i remember. It is very suitable to replace the current model, as the IG series assasin droids were created by the Empire, and including droids in GCW era make it more diversify.

Also, one more thing, I wonder if there are better methods to balance between the jedi-class soldier and the Hero. The jedi soldier has no time limit, and comparable powerful Force power. The hero, only has 2 force power and no health pack neither.

Edit- I have some suggestion on the additional non-jedi class unit,

CIS: Magna Guard with eletrostaff (from Penguin, dunno whether other ppl can use it) replace Jedi Hunter
REP: Republic Commando (from many mods, eg. Tatooine valley) replace Shield Eater
IMP: Ya, IG88 replace the model, the weapons were all very fine
ALL: um... wondering a Mercenary to replace Gungan, ya, also due to be more "generic", the skin can be any human skin u like... just give him weapons. Alliance has hired many this guys, most popular one is Kyle Katarn.

Just some more suggestions to make this mod nearer Perfection~~~ :-)
archer01

Post by archer01 »

Thanks again for the suggestions, I'll keep them under consideration for the next version. As to when the next version will be out though... I'm not sure. I'm going to try and get away from the "bunch of little updates commonly" and adopt the "large updates every so often" approach. It'll make it easier to arrange my "free-time activities" schedule.

Have fun in the mean time! :D
See you around the forums.

*Edit: As to the Hero bit, I thought killing stuff was their health packs. :wink:
fung1224

Post by fung1224 »

archer01 wrote:Thanks again for the suggestions, I'll keep them under consideration for the next version. As to when the next version will be out though... I'm not sure. I'm going to try and get away from the "bunch of little updates commonly" and adopt the "large updates every so often" approach. It'll make it easier to arrange my "free-time activities" schedule.

Have fun in the mean time! :D
See you around the forums.

*Edit: As to the Hero bit, I thought killing stuff was their health packs. :wink:
Ya archer01, i can imagine it is a very time-consuming and commiting process to work on a mod, though i only use Hex-editing~ :lol:

No matter how and when u put forward ur next update, i will be waiting for it in the mean time, and playing ur current version at the same time!! haha~

Yo dude this mod is really enjoyable~ (using the Jedi to kill an ATAT feels.... GOOD)
archer01

Post by archer01 »

Hey fung, I'm still checking the mods you pointed me to in your last post and am in the process of deciding what I'm going to change (and experimenting with a few things). In the mean time, try out the prerelease I've posted and see if the XL modes work alright.

On another note, you've done some hex editing? Hex editing is (in my opinion) more work than the mod tools. With hex editing you have to track down all the references to the different units and stuff among a bucket load of other useless binary data without any sort of reference material to guide you. That's gotta take a while. If you have the time, you should try out the mod tools, they're actually fairly easy to use. I only started modding this game three to four weeks ago, so they can't be too tough.