RotE #2: Outpost Overrun (Version 1.0) Released!!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

The file is a litte big... could u squash the size a bit more???
valiant
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by valiant »

Astute wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with that Majin. I'm not saying that realism is bad, but there are other paths to a good map. Innovation, simplicity, or intrigue(secrets and such), can easily make a plain map into something worth exploring.
I think this is a great map.
Last edited by valiant on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

That grass is so freakin annoying, I can't even play the map I get so much lag!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

valiant wrote:That is why my Clone Wars Critical Moments in Time pack was so popular.

Is this bragging? I suggest you don't advertise your map in my map's release thread. I also suggest you let the fans decide what is popular for which reasons. This is a valuable lesson which I came to understand well from Bandu.

- Majin Revan
YT-1300

Post by YT-1300 »

i like the map, but the grass sure did a good job at being annoying. haha

this is kinda off-topic but may i ask what kind of map and planet are you planning to do for your next map in the rise of the empire series?
i cant wait for it
valiant
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by valiant »

Maybe a Kashyyyk map.
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

The next one is on Naboo.
valiant wrote:I think this is a great map.

And don't suck up to me. Seriously. I want you to flat out say that you don't like the map, if so. By the way, you edited and removed everything you said that made you look like a bragger. Personally, I don't like that because you changed history, and this is bad. You should leave evidence to help other people learn from it.

From guru and Teancum's point of views, they are probably happy you removed the post and...sucked up to me.

- Majin Revan
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

Naboo, does this by any chance have anything to do with the campain mission? Or what? And in response to your post above, the map could use some improvement, the grass, as I told you in x-fire, makes for too much lag on my comp, and annoys me beyond belief. Even if that was the intention. I'm more interested in the next map though, hurry up and give us some info! :)
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

Heh, let's not fill up this thread in the release section, but in my RotE Mod forum section.

That'd be considered off-topic, LOL.

- Majin Revan
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

Majin Revan, could you please squeeze the size of the file...its a bit too big
valiant
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by valiant »

One of the problems we have all encountered is that in swbf1, the maps and mods we made just were smaller, but now with the improvements in swbf2, the files are coming out and have extra stuff they don't need in it. I think we should start getting rid of excess files that we don't use, like the tur.lvl files.
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

I do...the huge file size is because of the custom sides and stuff. Plus, custom sounds as well...

And...I doubled the texture sizes and made 'em sharper...

- Majin Revan
ML_916

Post by ML_916 »

this map is really great..the only thing I don´t like about it is that all the grass make my computer lag like crazy sometimes...
I think it´s better than the first map in this series...
and what happened to the commando from the older version of RotE 1? that was the coolest unit of the empire...

Edit: could´nt the rebel soldier (the male soldier) have the ordinary blasterrifle?
and the new units you´ve made like the clone commando, that twi´lek with chaingun and so on have no names in the spawn-menu..
valiant
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by valiant »

ML: Though I am loath to say it, try turning the graphics qaulity all the way down to low. That might help.