How do I make an addon msh? [Solved]

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

15Cyber
Private Second Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

How do I make an addon msh? [Solved]

Post by 15Cyber »

I'm a noob in 3d modeling and editing :cpu: , I looked at the XSI FAQ / Tutorials but it seems a bit confusing to me, I do not know where I can start. But I want to learn :D . How do I add an addon (Pauldron for example) in a .msh model using Autodesk Softimage Mod Tool 7.5? Could someone explain to me, or send me a link to a tutorial.
Last edited by 15Cyber on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Re: Noob question

Post by JimmyAngler »

Pauldrons are different. Try beginning with a simple prop that can be placed in ze.

This file is pretty helpful.
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... _XSI;41377

Once you've got the basics down, this link will help you with the pauldron.
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12610
15Cyber
Private Second Class

Post by 15Cyber »

AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

I am unclear of your intentions, which one of these do you mean?
1. You already have a pauldron and want to attach it via ODF to an existing character
2. You want to create new pauldron geometry and export it as an addon to be attached via ODF
3. You want to edit an existing character and add pauldron geometry, to be exported together

I believe several pauldrons have already been released here at Gametoast that could save you the trouble, unless you just want the practice. I just don't see a whole lot of pauldron variations that would warrant making a new one. If you're an absolute beginner I would recommend starting with getting a textured cube exported and in game first (as suggested by JimmyAngler). This will allow you to become familiar with the fundamentals of asset exporting.

Also, please give your thread titles an appropriate name, usually a brief description of the problem, this helps the search engine and allows others to find information quicker.
15Cyber
Private Second Class

Post by 15Cyber »

I'm sorry, it will never happen again.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Noob question [Solved]

Post by AceMastermind »

No apology necessary, but the thread title still needs to be changed.

Again, which one of these best describes what you want to do here?
AceMastermind wrote:1. You already have a pauldron and want to attach it via ODF to an existing character
2. You want to create new pauldron geometry and export it as an addon to be attached via ODF
3. You want to edit an existing character and add pauldron geometry, to be exported together
The reason is, there may be additional steps to follow depending on your choice and you may need more than one set of instructions. I will assume you are wanting to create an addon msh until you respond. Your new thread title will reflect this if I have to change it.