Custom Side Question

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

F1ghter16
Private Third Class
Projects :: ARC Trooper Era
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Custom Side Question

Post by F1ghter16 »

I recently downloaded some .msh, .tga, and .option files for a couple different clone trooper models. I know that you can go into the .odf files of all the sides and have the script use the files I downloaded for geometry and such, but I'm not exactly certain how to do all of that successfully. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Re: Custom Side Question

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

There are a few lines dealing with geometry in a unit odf file, change the name of the geometryname to the name of your unit .msh, and if a lowres .msh file is included, use that for the lowres geometry.
F1ghter16
Private Third Class

Post by F1ghter16 »

ARCTroopaNate wrote:There are a few lines dealing with geometry in a unit odf file, change the name of the geometryname to the name of your unit .msh, and if a lowres .msh file is included, use that for the lowres geometry.
So I tried doing that, making a custom side for Fives and munging him into a custom world, but the map loads up then crashes. I inserted him correctly, but is there something more that I have to do instead of replace the geometry and change the names of a couple files?
CT108
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: CS2
xbox live or psn: Captain CT108

Post by CT108 »

F1ghter16 wrote:
ARCTroopaNate wrote:There are a few lines dealing with geometry in a unit odf file, change the name of the geometryname to the name of your unit .msh, and if a lowres .msh file is included, use that for the lowres geometry.
So I tried doing that, making a custom side for Fives and munging him into a custom world, but the map loads up then crashes. I inserted him correctly, but is there something more that I have to do instead of replace the geometry and change the names of a couple files?
Can you give us here the script of your odf plus the name of your msh please? Ty =)
F1ghter16
Private Third Class

Post by F1ghter16 »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[GameObjectClass]
ClassParent = "rep_inf_default_rifleman"

[Properties]
GeometryName = "rep_inf_TCW_ARC_Trooper_Fives_Phase2"
GeometryLowRes = "rep_inf_ep3trooper_low1"
FirstPerson = "REP\reptroop;rep_1st_trooper"
The name of the mesh is rep_inf_TCW_ARC_Trooper_Fives_Phase2.msh

I think the issue I'm having is because of my munging. After trying to munge other new worlds, each one crashes before the map fully loads. The new worlds have not been changed at all and I have just tried a couple munge fixes, so this may be the main problem right now.