How to use Blender to make SWBF series models (FAQ)

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: How to use Blender to make SWBF series models (FAQ)

Post by Maveritchell »

M3PB wrote:I have everything unwanted selected. I'm not seeing any "Deselect" option in the Tools sidebar or anything that relates to "shadowvolume", unless "faces" happen to be it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_mwASt ... sp=sharing
You are like a click away from doing what you want to do. Press the left mouse button (in your picture reference) and you're there.

Sidebar: You're letting yourself get paralyzed by waiting for your hand to be held; you're never going to get very far modding if you don't try pressing a button or two down the line. Worst case? You delete everything and start over from the save.
M3PB
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: who cares anyway
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by M3PB »

Maveritchell wrote:
M3PB wrote:I have everything unwanted selected. I'm not seeing any "Deselect" option in the Tools sidebar or anything that relates to "shadowvolume", unless "faces" happen to be it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_mwASt ... sp=sharing
You are like a click away from doing what you want to do. Press the left mouse button (in your picture reference) and you're there.

Sidebar: You're letting yourself get paralyzed by waiting for your hand to be held; you're never going to get very far modding if you don't try pressing a button or two down the line. Worst case? You delete everything and start over from the save.
Would you rather I look somewhere else for someone with experience in modding with Blender? That's like finding a Funyuns crumb in a haystack. And it was when I found this piece of sh** website whose members always "help". I suggest you stop being a Diet Dr. Pepper and do not insult me.

THERE IS NO DESELECT OPTION. WHEN DELETE IS PRESSED, I GET THE OPTIONS OF VERTICALS, EDGES, FACES, DISSOLVING, AND EDGE COLLAPSE AND LOOPS.THERE IS NO "DESELECT" OR "SHADOWVOLUME".

"Delete:
-Verticles
-Edges
-Faces
-Only Edges and Faces
-Only Faces"

EDIT
Besides, I HAVE tried all possible buttons and d a m n you to hell, you are not helping anymore. Just because I'm new, you SHOULD NOT insult me!

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

You had the correct options selected in your very own screenshot. You just needed to left-click. Try pressing a button, it won't bite.

And please be courteous.
M3PB
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: who cares anyway
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by M3PB »

Right. Besides, my 2.78 build is NOT the same as your 2.79, and it no longer allows me to select the areas.

And YOU be courteous. It's too bad people who make and uphold the rules fail to follow them. You were insulting me, and it must stop now.

EDIT
And I can tell that you never did what you're telling me to do

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Let's break down the decision-making process here:

1) You've waited nearly a whole week without clicking a button to try anything (because you've never reported back what you actually tried and what happened)
2) You've cursed at an admin and been generally unpleasant to someone who's been nothing but polite to you (like, are you taking an admonishment against not trying something as an insult?) - this is after already being super rude (and banned) in the site's community Discord server. This was a second chance!
3) You've double-posted instead of editing your post.

The first two were completely fine*, but the last one means you have to go.
M3PB wrote:And I can tell that you never did what you're telling me to do
As a parting gift, here's exactly what I've been trying to lead you to for a week. I'm sorry that this is a difficult process for you, but you've broken site rules and been just plain rude.
https://gfycat.com/BitterDapperGazelle

Bye!

*Not actually fine, seriously, who acts like this?