Lowering/changing the ambient lighting on a model?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Lowering/changing the ambient lighting on a model?

Post by giftheck »

How do I alter the ambience for the lighting on a model? I've modified the Carbon Freezing Chamber for Cloud City and it's got a yellowish hue that I don't really want:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Lowering/changing the ambient lighting on a model?

Post by Marth8880 »

The mesh probably has vertex colors. See here: http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... =d30e45698
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Thanks for helping out on that.

Do I need to manually paint on new vertext colours or can I 'fill' the mesh with a single colour then paint on vertex colours in places I need them? And which camera option do I use so I can see how my mesh looks with those colours?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

ggctuk wrote:Do I need to manually paint on new vertext colours or can I 'fill' the mesh with a single colour then paint on vertex colours in places I need them?
If you don't want any vertex colors, you can just delete the object's Vertex_Color property from within the Explorer panel. If you still want vertex colors, you can just paint over the old ones. The method you mentioned with filling the mesh with a single color also works if you wish to start from scratch.
ggctuk wrote:And which camera option do I use so I can see how my mesh looks with those colours?
The "Constant" shading mode will display only the vertex colors; I believe the "Textured Decal" shading mode also renders with vertex colors, but if not there's the "Textured" mode instead.