Shine/Glass?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

t551
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Shine/Glass?

Post by t551 »

I'm making an N-1 (naboo starfighter)vehicle, and I need to know some things. I have the model done, but I need to know how to make the chrome effect and also how to make glass. All I know is that shininess has something to do with phongs, and glass has something to do with an alpha channel. The only problem is that neither of those things mean very much to me. I could make the chrome gray and the glass black, but then it would look gay and everyone would laugh at me! Help please.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Hey, i don't mean to ruin your ..... model. But psych0fred is already working with a N1- Starfighter. You should make a vehicle that hasn't been done and won't be included in BF2.
t551
General
General

Post by t551 »

Still, can someone tell me how to do this? It would be very helpful.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Yea, it is pretty cool if your ship comes out, i was tired when i wrote that ^. I'm not sure (dont remember what L5R told me) but it's something along the lines of what you said.
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

hm

you CAN color objects in XSI - but I'm not sure they will appear in the game, like in XSI - but you can try this out:
Give the object a material - there's multiple choices - as you said: Phong - and XSI mostly uses RGBA colors: Red, Green, Blue and Alpha

when you give your object that 'type' of material - Phong in this case - there should be some properties about that materal

there's 4 'bars' which indicates the RGBA

if you take the color you'd like to give it, and move the bar below the 3 first, it SHOULD be more transparent

try it out, until you're happy :P

I havent tried it yet :wink: but I think that's how you do it

c ya