XSI ZETools

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Re: XSI ZETools

Post by ANDEWEGET »

It seems you have the SceneRoot selected, which isn't a supported object type.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:It seems you have the SceneRoot selected, which isn't a supported object type.
you are right again , dummy of me, i tried exporting from another parent and it worked fine :D, thanks again!!
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Update 1.3.11
Hidden/Spoiler:
Increased performance for cloth geometry export and accuracy for cloth constraint calculation.
Increased performance for export and import of complex meshes.
Made some optimizations which should increase export/import times of cloth and more complex meshes by a lot.

Would be great if someone could test if I didn't break any functionality (especially cloth) in-game.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Update 1.3.11
Hidden/Spoiler:
Increased performance for cloth geometry export and accuracy for cloth constraint calculation.
Increased performance for export and import of complex meshes.
Made some optimizations which should increase export/import times of cloth and more complex meshes by a lot.

Would be great if someone could test if I didn't break any functionality (especially cloth) in-game.

Code: Select all

Last 15 log lines:

INFO (916, do_export): Processing material "guard_arm".
	INFO (922, do_export): Finished processing.
	INFO (916, do_export): Processing material "guard_padarm".
	INFO (916, do_export): Processing material "guard_skirt".
	INFO (33, __exit__): Materials in 0s 55ms.
	INFO (937, do_export): Processing model "DummyRoot".
	INFO (33, __exit__): Model in 0s 4ms.
	INFO (941, do_export): Finished processing.
	INFO (937, do_export): Processing model "sv_darthsidious".
	INFO (650, convert): Is geometry.
	INFO (33, __exit__): Segments in 0s 1ms.
	INFO (33, __exit__): Model in 0s 5ms.
	INFO (33, __exit__): Models in 0s 10ms.

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "<Script Block >", line 28, in exportbutton_OnClicked
	  File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\zetexport.py", line 895, in export
	    self.do_export()
	  File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\zetexport.py", line 940, in do_export
	    self.msh.models.add(conv.convert())
	  File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\zetexport.py", line 653, in convert
	    self.msh2_model.segments = self.get_segments()
	  File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\zetexport.py", line 433, in get_segments
	    geometry = self.process_geometry()
	  File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\zetexport.py", line 405, in process_geometry
	    seg.vertices = self.get_vertices()
	  File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\zetexport.py", line 250, in get_vertices
	    vert_pos_list = self.export.xsi.CGA_GetNodeVertexPositions(self.geo, True)
	  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py", line 105, in __getattr__
	    return getattr(self._scriptItem_.dispatchContainer,attr)
	  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 516, in __getattr__
	    raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))
	AttributeError: Application.CGA_GetNodeVertexPositions

jojo3450
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: starwarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jojo3450 »

where do I install python can someone give me the path of where it goes?
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

It shouldn't matter where you install python. Just go with the default directory.

@Deviss: Seems the C++ plugin doesn't load correctly. Try File->Plugin Manger->User Root->xsizetools->Plug-ins and check if CGeoAccessorWrappers exists, if not, try the "Update All" button.
If nothing happens, do you have the Visual C++ redistributable installed?

I didn't think about it but as I'm using Visual Studio 2015 now it's only logical that people need the 2015 C++ redist to use the plug-in instead of the 2010 version. I've updated the ZETools page with a link, still kept the old ones for now though:
http://schlechtwetterfront.github.io/xs ... stallation
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:It shouldn't matter where you install python. Just go with the default directory.

@Deviss: Seems the C++ plugin doesn't load correctly. Try File->Plugin Manger->User Root->xsizetools->Plug-ins and check if CGeoAccessorWrappers exists, if not, try the "Update All" button.
If nothing happens, do you have the Visual C++ redistributable installed?

I didn't think about it but as I'm using Visual Studio 2015 now it's only logical that people need the 2015 C++ redist to use the plug-in instead of the 2010 version. I've updated the ZETools page with a link, still kept the old ones for now though:
http://schlechtwetterfront.github.io/xs ... stallation
everything its fine incluided C++ installation i got this new one :) (always when export cloth)(cloth setted using ZETools)
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]Last 15 log lines:

INFO (249, get_vertices): Processed 4062 vertices.
INFO (350, get_faces): Processed 1354 faces.
INFO (600, convert): Is geodynamic.
INFO (870, do_export): Finished processing.
INFO (867, do_export): Processing model "TempleGuard_gauntlet".
INFO (588, convert): Is geometry.
INFO (249, get_vertices): Processed 252 vertices.
INFO (350, get_faces): Processed 84 faces.
INFO (600, convert): Is geodynamic.
INFO (870, do_export): Finished processing.
INFO (867, do_export): Processing model "com_inf_Jedi_Temple_Guard_Cloth".
INFO (593, convert): Is cloth.
INFO (514, get_cloth_geo): Retrieved cloth deformers: [u'bone_root', u'bone_pelvis'] (2)
INFO (522, get_cloth_geo): Processed 352 faces.
INFO (532, get_cloth_geo): Processed 197 vertices.

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<Script Block >", line 28, in exportbutton_OnClicked
File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 829, in export
self.do_export()
File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 869, in do_export
self.msh.models.add(conv.convert())
File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 595, in convert
self.msh2_model.segments = self.get_cloth()
File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 569, in get_cloth
clothgeo.collisions = self.get_cloth_collisions(clothgeo)
File "C:\Users\Administrador\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\XSIZETools\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 556, in get_cloth_collisions
collision.parent = self.export.xsi.Dictionary.GetObject(collision_name, False).Parent.Name.encode(STR_CODEC)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Parent'

[/code]
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Make sure your cloth collisions have the correct name, seems it can't find an object for one of the collisions in the cloth property.
If the names are all correct, post them here and I'll take a look, maybe there are some unexpected characters.
jojo3450
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by jojo3450 »

I downloaded it to the default yet it does not show up on the scripts?
Also where is the path to place ZEtools because i placed it
do i place it here > C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons
or here > C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5
where do u have it place btw I have the steam version does that come with the update already?

edit: only C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons this one has an addon folder the second one does not
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Just follow the instructions here: http://schlechtwetterfront.github.io/xsizetools/ under "Download & Installation."

It provides download links for everything you need and the path where you unzip XSIZETools to.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Make sure your cloth collisions have the correct name, seems it can't find an object for one of the collisions in the cloth property.
If the names are all correct, post them here and I'll take a look, maybe there are some unexpected characters.
i did collisions again using polymesh and now work but when export, cloth texture have bugs :S (i tried moving uv, re-exporting and nothing solve it)
Hidden/Spoiler:
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Can you show me your UVs?
jojo3450
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by jojo3450 »

I installed everything correctly
I have >xsizetools-master.zip
I have installed C+ file
I have installed python 2.6.6 in C:\python
I have installed pywin32-217 in C:\python but everytime I install it, it runs fine then it says "not responding"(I think this is the problem) then it says installed successful
I unzipped xsizetools-master.zip to C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons I kept all of the files in xsizetools-master.zip in a folder called xsizetools-master in >C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons
I go to xsi mod tool and go to file>preferences>scripting>and python does not show up , i click on the more options to scroll and find it but it does not show up, also zetools does not show up on the top bar

Edit: I used to have everything run fine but I reset my computer and I had to reinstall everything
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

jojo3450 wrote:I installed everything correctly
I have >xsizetools-master.zip
I have installed C+ file
I have installed python 2.6.6 in C:\python
I have installed pywin32-217 in C:\python but everytime I install it, it runs fine then it says "not responding"(I think this is the problem) then it says installed successful
I unzipped xsizetools-master.zip to C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons I kept all of the files in xsizetools-master.zip in a folder called xsizetools-master in >C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons
I go to xsi mod tool and go to file>preferences>scripting>and python does not show up , i click on the more options to scroll and find it but it does not show up, also zetools does not show up on the top bar

Edit: I used to have everything run fine but I reset my computer and I had to reinstall everything
I have installed them there:
C:\Users\*user_name*\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins
jojo3450
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by jojo3450 »

I placed the python and pywin32 >C:\Users\*user_name*\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins here as thelengend stated
yet when i opened the xsimodtool it said run time error then I went to preferences>scripting>and pythonscript does not show up
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

jojo3450 wrote:I placed the python and pywin32 >C:\Users\*user_name*\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins here as thelengend stated
yet when i opened the xsimodtool it said run time error then I went to preferences>scripting>and pythonscript does not show up
Oh my bad. I should have been more specific. Move Python where it should belong and install/move ZeToolsMaster to the path I stated above. Please excuse me for that.
jojo3450
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by jojo3450 »

So I moved it back there is no longer the runtime error, but there is no zetools still, i put zetools in C:\Users\*user_name*\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins i ketp it in the zetoolsmaster folder but it does not appear do i need to install it or just by placing it there will it install
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

ZeTools should appear when it is installed properly. If you insatlled that Python stuff properly you should be able to change it in the Scripting Preferences.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

It should be in C:\Users\*user_name*\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\ as stated in the installation instructions.
So C:\Users\*user_name*\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\xsizetools-master\ would contain the folders Application, Resources etc.

As long as you keep the default settings for the installation of python and pywin everything should work just fine. Just make sure you install python before pywin (it shouldn't be possible to install pywin first anyways), then restart Mod Tools if it's already opened.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Can you show me your UVs?
sir yes sir :D
Hidden/Spoiler: