XSI ZETools

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: XSI ZETools

Post by thelegend »

ANDEWEGET wrote:It should be in C:\Users\*user_name*\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\ as stated in the installation instructions.
So C:\Users\*user_name*\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\xsizetools-master\ would contain the folders Application, Resources etc.

As long as you keep the default settings for the installation of python and pywin everything should work just fine. Just make sure you install python before pywin (it shouldn't be possible to install pywin first anyways), then restart Mod Tools if it's already opened.
That's strange. When I updated ZeTools using the path above (you said) it didn't updated. But when I replaced the files using my path it worked fine. Not possible :cpu:
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

I didn't even know addons worked if you put them in the Application/Pugins folder. I just always work with the addons folder and I've never encountered problems.

@Deviss: I'm using a different algorithm to retrieve the cloth geometry which ignores multiple UV values per point. So any UV seams that aren't also along a split in the actual geometry will be ignored.
That's because using the normal algorithm used for other types of geometry will automatically split the geometry along UV seams which is fine for normal meshes but with cloth the split will actually be visible in-game. So you can't UV your cloth meshes like that. One piece of cloth also needs to be one connected UV island.
That seems to just be a limitation of the way geometry is stored in .msh files.
Check the end of this post.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:@Deviss: I'm using a different algorithm to retrieve the cloth geometry which ignores multiple UV values per point. So any UV seams that aren't also along a split in the actual geometry will be ignored.
That's because using the normal algorithm used for other types of geometry will automatically split the geometry along UV seams which is fine for normal meshes but with cloth the split will actually be visible in-game. So you can't UV your cloth meshes like that. One piece of cloth also needs to be one connected UV island.
That seems to just be a limitation of the way geometry is stored in .msh files.
Check the end of this post.
ou thanks ANDE, you are right, i must re-do UV for dontsplited. so everything its fine :)
jojo3450
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: starwarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jojo3450 »

ok so i solved the problem here is the step by step in case anyone has the problem
1. I delete and uninstalled everything i started from scratch
2. I installed xsimod tool in C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5 (before the defualt was in C:\softimage)
3. Then I installed everything else required
4. Then place xsizetools-master in C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons
that worked

edit: I did find an error every time I import a msh. for example ep3 trooper it only importants the low rez and not the main msh.

this is the error code
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]Last 15 log lines:

INFO (93, build): Finished building materials.
INFO (623, build): Starting chain builder(56 Models).
INFO (528, build_null): Building DummyRoot as null(originally null).
DEBUG (608, set_transform): Set local tranform for DummyRoot to:
Position: 0.0, 0.0, 0.0;
Rotation: 0.0, 0.0, 0.0;
Scale: 1.0, 1.0, 1.0.
INFO (194, build): Finished building DummyRoot in 0s 39000ms.
INFO (345, build_geo): Building sv_imphothtrooper as polymesh(originally geodynamic).
DEBUG (477, get_vertex_positions): Retrieved 190 vertex positions.
INFO (33, __exit__): Retrieved vertices in 0s 1ms.
INFO (33, __exit__): Retrieved faces in 0s 2ms.
INFO (33, __exit__): Built polygon mesh in 0s 13ms.
INFO (33, __exit__): Processing normals in 0s 11ms.
INFO (33, __exit__): Built chain in 0 s 489 ms.

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<Script Block >", line 84, in importbutton_OnClicked
File "C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-master\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 850, in import_
self.do_import()
File "C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-master\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 903, in do_import
self.chain = builder.build()
File "C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-master\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 632, in build
item = builder.build()
File "C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-master\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 187, in build
self.build_geo()
File "C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-master\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 376, in build_geo
self.process_normals()
File "C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-master\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 396, in process_normals
self.set_normals(0, self.make_normals())
File "C:\Users\MYNAME\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-master\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 432, in make_normals
node_to_vertex_index_list = self.xsi.ZET_GetNodeToVertexIndices(self.geo)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py", line 105, in __getattr__
return getattr(self._scriptItem_.dispatchContainer,attr)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 516, in __getattr__
raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))
AttributeError: Application.ZET_GetNodeToVertexIndices
[/code]
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="ANDEWEGET"]Make sure you have the Visual C++ 2015 redist and Visual C++ 2010 redist installed.

EDIT: Actually, this doesn't seem to be the problem. I'll look into it. In the meantime, use an older version.[/quote]
Update 1.3.12
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebuilt the C++ plugins in release configuration. This should hopefully fix problems with the C++ plugins not being recognized.
Added error checking for invalid cloth collision names.
This hopefully fixes the problem where the C++ plugins were not being recognized.

Make sure to also check the updated installation instructions on the XSIZETools homepage.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

ANDEWEGET wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="ANDEWEGET"]Make sure you have the Visual C++ 2015 redist and Visual C++ 2010 redist installed.

EDIT: Actually, this doesn't seem to be the problem. I'll look into it. In the meantime, use an older version.

Update 1.3.12
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebuilt the C++ plugins in release configuration. This should hopefully fix problems with the C++ plugins not being recognized.
Added error checking for invalid cloth collision names.
This hopefully fixes the problem where the C++ plugins were not being recognized.

Make sure to also check the updated installation instructions on the XSIZETools homepage.[/quote]

Hey, I've been having problems with Xsi, but I do allot of modding, could python, or some other plugin conflict with those needed with XSI?
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

I noticed after importing a msh file that has collision primitives children of another collision primitive, the child primitives are thrown to the center of the grid and only the parent primitives remain in their intended position.

This is a good example:
assets\worlds\COR\MSH\Cor1_bldg_Minor_hall.msh

I am however still using version 1.3.0024, but i don't think that matters in this case.

EDIT
More examples:
assets\worlds\COR\MSH\Cor1_bldg_Grand_hall.msh
assets\worlds\COR\MSH\Cor1_bldg_Grand_hall_1.msh
assets\worlds\COR\MSH\Cor1_bldg_Grand_hall_2.msh
assets\worlds\COR\MSH\Cor1_bldg_Grand_hall_3.msh
assets\worlds\COR\MSH\Cor1_bldg_library_upper.msh
assets\worlds\COR\MSH\Cor1_bldg_Minor_hall.msh
assets\worlds\COR\MSH\Cor1_bldg_Minor_hall_02.msh
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

ANDEWEGET wrote: Collision primitives that are children of other collision primitives behave weird for some reason. I've had problems with those before and fixed it. Seems it doesn't work for all cases or there was some regression since then.

Do you have more samples of where this happens?

My best guess is that the transforms of those primitives stored in the .msh file are not their local transform (like for any other model) but something else. Doesn't seem to be global either though. Maybe it's a mix or something. I'll investigate further when I get the time.
Update 1.3.13
Hidden/Spoiler:
Fix incorrect positioning of objects that are children of cube primitives.
This hopefully fixes it.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

i have an strange issue (not bug exactly), i had Windows 7 32bits and exported one model (clone with kama and cloth collisions) and it had 400kb size, the last friday i reinstalled operative system and i installed windows 7 64bits and i re-exported same model and now it's 1,2 mb size :o is there an explication for it xD? its normal?

autodesk softimage 7.5 32-bit used
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Can you send me the .msh? I'll take a look when I'm back home on the ~3rd.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Can you send me the .msh? I'll take a look when I'm back home on the ~3rd.
file sent sir :D
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Update 1.3.14

This should fix it.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Update 1.3.14

This should fix it.
solved :D for knowledge: with version xsizetools-1.3.0024 i didnt have the problem(anyway problem solved with your last version :D )

Many thanks ANDE!!
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Yeah, a somewhat recent change caused that regression.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Yeah, a somewhat recent change caused that regression.
uuah it work perfect, deluxe job about zetools :D

EDIT: trouble with cloth :S (it genera strange cones on cloth)
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Can you send me the .msh?
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Deviss »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Can you send me the .msh?
File sent :D thanks again Ande
i2Bros
Private First Class
Projects :: SWBF2 Battles of the Clone Wars
Games I'm Playing :: Cod
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by i2Bros »

How do I set envelopes for a vanguard msh? Their vanilla bones are set in a completely different way for the arms and any attempt to translate or rotate the bones risults in bad skinned models. How can I do? :( I don't want to translate the object's arms, because I will surely cause rats nest on the model and cra**y looking results.
Spiret
Private

Post by Spiret »

Having problems with importing JKA Jedi by Deviss - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=24475&start=360#p523935
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last 15 log lines:

DEBUG (618, set_transform): Model transform: Pos(0.165000006557, -3.46944695195e-18, -3.12250225676e-17), Rot(-4.29669320956e-16, -1.55431223448e-15, -0.303152799606, 0.952941954136), Scl(1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
DEBUG (625, set_transform): Set local transform for bone_r_toe to:
Position: 0.165000006557, -3.46944695195e-18, -3.12250225676e-17;
Rotation: 7.07536227659e-15, -1.84655681824e-13, -35.2941329589;
INFO (196, build): Finished building bone_r_toe in 0s 12000ms.
INFO (519, build_null): Building eff_r_toe as null(originally null).
DEBUG (618, set_transform): Model transform: Pos(0.10000000149, -3.5778671692e-18, 3.12250225676e-17), Rot(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0), Scl(1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
DEBUG (625, set_transform): Set local transform for eff_r_toe to:
Position: 0.10000000149, -3.5778671692e-18, 3.12250225676e-17;
Rotation: 0.0, 0.0, 0.0;
INFO (196, build): Finished building eff_r_toe in 0s 12000ms.
INFO (252, build_c_prim): Building c_pelvis as cloth prim(originally geostatic).
INFO (33, __exit__): Built chain in 0 s 977000 ms.

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<Script Block 2>", line 84, in importbutton_OnClicked
File "C:\Users\Spiret\Autodesk\Softimage_2015\Addons\xsizetools-1.3.0031\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 871, in import_
self.do_import()
File "C:\Users\Spiret\Autodesk\Softimage_2015\Addons\xsizetools-1.3.0031\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 924, in do_import
self.chain = builder.build()
File "C:\Users\Spiret\Autodesk\Softimage_2015\Addons\xsizetools-1.3.0031\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 650, in build
item = builder.build()
File "C:\Users\Spiret\Autodesk\Softimage_2015\Addons\xsizetools-1.3.0031\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 187, in build
self.build_c_prim()
File "C:\Users\Spiret\Autodesk\Softimage_2015\Addons\xsizetools-1.3.0031\Application\Core\zetimport.py", line 264, in build_c_prim
self.si_model = self.xsi.CreatePrim(self.cloth_prim_types[my_collision.primitive_type],
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'primitive_type'
SoftImage 2015, ZETools 1.3.0031
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Update 1.3.15

This should fix it.