Victory Star Destroyer

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Wait, The Super Star Destroyer? Dude, that'd have to be HUGE! About 10 times the Victory at the very least! No, Just that and a few rebel Cap. Ships would be a map in itself...at large one, mind you.
Bac-Talan
Captain
Captain

Post by Bac-Talan »

No super star destroyers raingod? I think they would be to huge. Yes, elevators would lag. animations and triggers like that would just make for
awful lag and I don't even want to think about multiplayer.
It could work though, I still see several ways.
Raingod

Post by Raingod »

No there wont be any SSD, the biggest ships will be the Home One and Trade Federation Battleship. And how would Elevators lag the game? go play other games which have elevators and you have no lag problem. Sure if you have a crappy computer, something which can barely run the game you will have lag, but you would have lag elevators or not. But i'm not making this mod for people who can barely run the game, its gona be for people with fast machines, and for multiplayer, cable or dsl.

Trans yes you can have access to the Victory, i will also make availible all other ships i make, as long as credit is given for them.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

In fact, SWBF II is a particular game, since adding elevators or doors in a map requires a certain amount of memory, even if they're not used... :?
Kyross

Post by Kyross »

That model is GORGEOUS.
And if you could tell me how to do interiors or point me toi a tutorial I would be forever grateful. It'something I want to do for my models but can't figure out and can't find a tut(though I probably just didn't look hard enough).

Looking forward to it's release. I love big ships.
Raingod

Post by Raingod »

Thanks Kyross, anyway for interiors, you can do booleans to create holes and also you can so poly cuts and then preform extrudes. As for tutorials i don't know of any.

Well if elevator's arn't possible then they wont be in the mod, but i will still try to make some to see if they work.

Here are Final WIPs of the Victory, modelling is completed (expect for the interiror), only which will be left is to do some tweaking here and there and texture it.

I'll be starting work on my second ship soon.
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

Awesome! I cannot wait! They are very good models :P
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

I think, what you say about elevators is complete nonsense. Elevators need less memory than a single unit or a cp. If you don't believe me, play as a jedi and jump on a tank (AT-TEs and AATs work quite well) and you'll see that you'll stay on them when they move. That's exactly how a (horizontal) elevator works.
Trans

Post by Trans »

Raingod are you going to make it so this ship would be balanced with a regular ship in the game (for the NJO Project)
hendaz

Post by hendaz »

I have 1 things to say:

(Drooooooooooooooooool)
Raingod

Post by Raingod »

By regular to do you mean like the current Base Ships?, No cause i want to change all ships to be more true to what they should be. The VSD will be about half the size of the ISD, also have half the power in weapons, the big difference is that the VSD will have Torpedo launcher turrets. Its hangar will also be smaller probebly only be able to hold 3 fighters.