Clones for modding

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

I don't have JA i just downloaded that mod and uses winzip to extract the models. I want JA but sadly don't have enough money.

I'm not sure if the JA models are higher poly but i'm pretty sure, most of our computers can handle it but i hope the game engine can too.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, JA models are at least 3000 polies, where as BF models are about 2000. Just remember that if Marz made all those models from the same mesh to remove all the unneeded extras, as there's no on/off values to turn surfaces on or off (rendering wise) for BF. But to answer your question, BF should be able to handle it. I've had 5000 poly vehicles in it before.
Jeteye1

Post by Jeteye1 »

Wow those models are wesome. One thing though. Clone commandos have backpack like things. Don't forget that.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

if the commando was facing backwards you would see his pack
M.O.D.

Post by M.O.D. »

What about commander Gree?
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

i have a model M.O.D. of commander gree
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

Post by Ipodzanyman »

Definitely get the RED clone commander in BF2, if possible with MOD TOOLS.....

LUCASARTS= :emp: if they don't really release mod tools.. :yod:
Aramyl

Post by Aramyl »

nice!

BTW, milkshape?
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by minilogoguy18 »

XSI>milkshape
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

I have a model in xsi, i'm just working on getting all the models in xsi, it takes quite a while to get the textures to work but i have figured it out. I need to buy milkshape because my demo ran out, so my mod won't be out as soon as the tools are out
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

it would just be easiest to take the clone emdl model and edit it to look like the clone you want instead of taking someone elses work. about the earlier post, you may think that hap is a artist but most of his models started out as base JA models and werent from scratch and never releases anything. he is a good texture artist though, ill give him that. >_>
Aramyl

more.

Post by Aramyl »

I watched Episode III again yesterday, and i thought pf this topic as the clones were killing off all of the jedi. And what really struck me was all of their different uniforms - then i found this
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

Would it be possible to port these models into battlefront 1 and just use the common soldier animations?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Of course, and that's why I've recalled the existence of the "Search" feature... Just use it in order to find a few other threads which contains discussion about the possible conversion of models from Star Wars Jedi Knight series' games to Star Wars Battlefront's...
RDST

Post by RDST »

minilogoguy18 wrote:XSI>milkshape
Milkshape=free
-=Sithicalohiny=-

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Are you saying milkshape is free?
Milkshape is not free as far as I know.

Unless you....never mind.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Yes, you're right on that, Sith'... But compared to Softimage|XSI Foundation, Essentials or Advanced's prices, we could almost say that MilkShape 3D's is null... :)
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

milkshape has a free thirty day trial you meen where you can do anything with it
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

so does softimge. mod tools may not have the pandemic exporter but niether does ms3d and even the most watered down version of XSI blows ms3d outta the water in every single way. i opened ms3d the other day and it about exploded because i imported my outrider into it cause i was converting to md3 which XSI doesnt have. i mean cmon, the program couldnt even handle a 3000+ poly model without crashing while in mod tools you can have more than double that and your system wouldnt slow down a bit.