Clones for modding

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

drummerzoid1

Clones for modding

Post by drummerzoid1 »

If you guys are looking for clone models go to this page, we could use these! They look pretty good, heres a link and a pic. They have three commanderst too!
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/C ... tima;53471
Image 8)
-=Sithicalohiny=-

RE: Clones for modding

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Nice but why don't you post this in the clones realism mod thread?
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

it doesn't have to be specific to that mod, oh to everyone, I figured how to extract the clone models in the pictures so i can view them in milkshape.
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Well you havent asked NeoMarz so you cant port them.

And plus Marz's clones arent that acurrate.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

I'll ask for him permission and they are acurate after you view them in milkshape.
That's pretty acurate to me
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Proportions are out, commando is more bulkier than that, helmet is different.

Told you

Marz's clone on the right, real in middle, haps on left.
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

Marz is good, but Hap is an artist! <.<
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

They're not perfectly accurate, but if they can be put in-game I think they would be a nice addition.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

yeh there is most of the commanders
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

some of the troops would not need to be ported, they could be skinned.
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

the ones that we do need to port will be easy because i figured a way to get them on xsi.
Here's some pics(in milkshape)
Cody and Bly
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

They look pretty good . If they do get put into BF2 then Id suggest reskinning them with the bf2 textures and just editing them ,otherwise theyll probably look abit out of place.

The thing is , it will probably be easier and faster just to tweak the SWBF1 or 2 clone models (with skeletan in tact) . But im just guessing.
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Yeh thats what i was thinking Bandu.

drummerzoid do you have any knowledge in model weighting?
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

Been using lightwave for about 1year and 1/2, are you talking about weight maps? if so a little but not with xsi
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

I'm starting to bone the models and i just decided to make a test render so here it is.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Would it be possible to get a capture of the rest of these Clones' bodies, drummer' ? :? (Also, could you enhance the brightness of your screen-shots, please ?)
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

Looks great. I hate those low-poly models that are included in the game since I'm sure my computer can handle lots of more polygons.

But there's one mistake: the red ep3 clone looks a little pink. Maybe you should use a darker red, if you port them to bf2
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Its not that your PC wont take it, its that the engine wont take it, most games are designed to have a max poly limit on characers.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Alex', would you know the name of the Jedi Academy's map appearing on this capture ? :|