XSI Plugin Help

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

XSI Plugin Help

Post by Kingpin »

I have some models from Sketchup I made awhile back and would like to get them going ingame. I have installed softimage 7.5, but don't remember the plugins I need and how to install them. Thanks!
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: XSI Plugin Help

Post by AceMastermind »

The process of moving a model from one 3d software to another is always going to be the same.
Export the model from your preferred 3d program in a format that can be imported into the target 3d program.
Take note of what formats are supported by each program, find a common exchange format and try it.
If the two programs do not share a common exchange format then middleware can usually solve this.

Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 can import obj, xsi, fbx, dae, x, etc. If your version of SketchUp can export any of these, I would try those first.

Look under "Conversion guides" in the FAQ thread for info on moving models around programs.

When you get your model in XSI you just need ZETools to export it to msh, have a look at the GitHub link in the sticky thread:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26664
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

AceMastermind wrote:The process of moving a model from one 3d software to another is always going to be the same.
Export the model from your preferred 3d program in a format that can be imported into the target 3d program.
Take note of what formats are supported by each program, find a common exchange format and try it.
If the two programs do not share a common exchange format then middleware can usually solve this.

Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 can import obj, xsi, fbx, dae, x, etc. If your version of SketchUp can export any of these, I would try those first.

Look under "Conversion guides" in the FAQ thread for info on moving models around programs.

When you get your model in XSI you just need ZETools to export it to msh, have a look at the GitHub link in the sticky thread:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26664
Thanks. I'm having some trouble installing the ZETools pluggin. Any threads on troubleshooting?
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

It should be working after following the instructions at the top of this page:
http://schlechtwetterfront.github.io/xs ... stallation
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi