One Sided Cloth only?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

One Sided Cloth only?

Post by thelegend »

Hello Gametoast,
At the moment I am having some trouble to create a one sided cloth only. First I would like to know is that even possible?
I think ZeTools Cloth automatically creates a new material for Cloth only using double sided transparency. But I might be wrong.
The reason why I ask is this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
As you can see my Girevous wears his two sided cape. So far I am happy with the result in XSI but in-game...:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I accept that cloths have no real collision at all. And if I could only see the outer side of the mesh, this "glitch" wouldn't annoy me anymore.
I tried using my custom Material, setting Transpareny to 1 but nothing changes at all.
I do not think this is hard-coded. Can the Cloth Material edited via Hex Editor to display one side only?

Thank you for your time.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: One Sided Cloth only?

Post by AceMastermind »

So you want one-sided geometry that displays a different texture on the front and back faces? I don't think you can do that and isn't possible as far as I know. Cloth becomes double-sided by default in-game and it also has its own set of properties for dealing with certain things like transparency etc.