More than 1 lowrez for my main model?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

More than 1 lowrez for my main model?

Post by Ginev »

Hello guys.I was wondering.Is it possible to add more than 1 lowrez model for my highrez model?
For example let say i go 50 meters away from the model.So i will start seeing the lowrez model.
But after that let say i get into a flyer and go very high in the sky.So i want to see that lowrez model even more lowrez... :D
All my models have lowrez models but if i look them all from far away that still might create lag.I need to reduce them even more.
So is that possible and if so how to do it.I dont think it will work like this:

Name.msh
Name_lowrez.msh
Name_lowrez2.msh
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: More than 1 lowrez for my main model?

Post by thelegend »

Hm as far as I know there can only be one lowrez mesh in-game. However the lowrez system behind it *could* allow you to technically display more than one _lowrez mesh at all.
First have a highres mesh and a very low lowrez mesh. Assign the _lowrez mesh to the actual model as usual. Then in your .sky file change the NearScene Values as much as you want to simlulate a longer distance "Highrez to Lowrez" render-transition.
I know it's not the same but from far away you see a mesh you won't see when you are in mid-distance.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: More than 1 lowrez for my main model?

Post by Ginev »

I know the part with the sky file and i will use it for sure.However im gonna try something else.Anyway thanks for the info.