From Model to Game

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

From Model to Game

Post by xezene »

Hey all. There is a model I have now converted from JKA, and it was a new texture/makeover of HapSlash's Anakin model that a JKA modder made, with Hap's permission. Now, to get it to work properly in Battlefront 2, my reasoning is that I should base it on the Anakin model in everything except texture (so: enveloping, skeleton, animation, etc). I have been able to import the MSH of Anakin (the Battlefront 2-ready release put out on here) into Mod Tools, and even though there are slight differences between Anakin and this model, I am guessing I now should simply be able to copy all of those other things from Anakin over to my other model. My basic question is: what's next for me here? What steps should I take to make this a reality? And, is this the best approach to make this model work in game?

As an aside, it should be noted that this is the explorer menu for the model I've converted:
Hidden/Spoiler:
vs. Anakin:
Hidden/Spoiler: