My PC kills XSI

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

My PC kills XSI

Post by Anakin »

Hi,

i had some problems with the XSI advanced version. After a while of not using it, it wasn't able to create primatives anymore. Then i had the problem that i wasn't able to install that version anymore. So i went back to XSI 7.5 modtools.

now i have exactly the same problem:
"-[line 89 in C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\DSScripts\primitives.vbs]"

Any idea why this happens always to me, and how to fix that??
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: My PC kills XSI

Post by Oceans14 »

Anakin wrote:Hi,

i had some problems with the XSI advanced version. After a while of not using it, it wasn't able to create primatives anymore. Then i had the problem that i wasn't able to install that version anymore. So i went back to XSI 7.5 modtools.

now i have exactly the same problem:
"-[line 89 in C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\DSScripts\primitives.vbs]"

Any idea why this happens always to me, and how to fix that??
I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but you could try using an uninstaller that cleans up any of the program's registry entries and stuff. I use revo uninstaller. Uninstall that way and then reinstall, because it sounds like you have some leftover problem files. I had a similar issue a few years ago with Sony Vegas. I was having trouble with it so I reinstalled and had the same problem. Using a better uninstaller than the windows one fixed that. Worth a shot.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: My PC kills XSI

Post by Anakin »

All right I got the latest 2015 version for students free. So if I have problems with that, too, i'll try it