So here goes...

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

So here goes...

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I want to learn how to edit existing SWBF2 character models and get them back into the game. I see all sorts of talk about certain programs not working certain operating systems or certain programs not working with other program versions .. so this is very scary and will probably lead to frustration if I just dive in alone.

What I'd to ask for is someone to compile a list of every bit of software I need. Which order I should install programs. Lists of all related tutorials. Any anything else recommended for my specific tasks. Thanks!

I use Windows 7 64 bit.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: So here goes...

Post by thelegend »

I have Win7-64bit too so yeah.

I installed XSI_Modtool 7.5 and directly installed ZeTools which lets you import/export any bf1 or 2 related models: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26664

You would have to install Python pywin32 (I had to. Maybe it's not required but just in case). And the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. All three downloads are linked here: http://schlechtwetterfront.github.io/xsizetools/

Now you can just import your character models in XSI and edit them as you want to. Exporting is also very easy.
List:

Code: Select all

-XSI 7.5
-Python and Pywin32 and C++ 2015 Redistributable
-ZeTools Plugin
Tutorials can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14465