Multiple modeling questions

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

PilotHawk
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Multiple modeling questions

Post by PilotHawk »

Hey all, first post here! Happy new year :D

I recently decided to start modeling for both swbf games and i have a couple of questions:

I've succesfuly installed all the tools. Is a download 64bit version of ModTool is available somewhere?

I'm not stupid (at least i hope.... :funny2: ) but i need a clear answer, moreover my english is not that good... :s

How can i show up/apply my texture on my model? I've converted my model to .obj and the textures are in .png. Here is what i already tried: Render/texture/image and i got an error, i also tried Render/texture/source/[name of my texture] and it didn't worked.
If someone have time, can he explains me how i can add hardpoint (for laser cannon) to the mesh?

My final goal is to convert my vehicle (without animated part, i'm starting with simple things) to .msh.

Thx for reading guys :)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Multiple modeling questions

Post by Anakin »

PilotHawk
Private Recruit

Post by PilotHawk »

Well there is a lot of info there, I drowned myself in it, that's why i was asking here, in a new topic. :lol:

Finaly i decided to work on weapons mesh, no more vehicles.
  • When reading the docs I've heard about null - What is a null? And how can i add/create one?
  • How many null "hp_active" can i have? Actually my weapon mesh is a flamethrower held with two handles so i would need two "hp_active", right?
  • What is the scale of swbf weapons models? - Or can i scale up my model with an .option file?
Thanks for the welcome and help Anakin, i really enjoyed your RC mod too :thumbs:

///EDIT\\\

I figured out what was a null and added two to my mesh, hp-active and hp_fire:
Hidden/Spoiler:
///EDIT2\\\

Now that i have added my two new nulls and renamed them "hp_active" and "hp_fire" what are the next steps?

- I suppose i must texture my mesh, but how i can apply the texture on the model?

- After texturing what are the steps to export as .msh? Can someone explain me that point?

Thx :)
Last edited by PilotHawk on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

the only thing i can do is, to repost the link.

PilotHawk
Private Recruit

Post by PilotHawk »

Anakin wrote:the only thing i can do is, to repost the link.

Finnaly I figured how to do it but now the only problem is that my weapon mesh is huuge in game! :o