Terrain cutter doesn't conform to mesh [Solved]

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Terrain cutter doesn't conform to mesh [Solved]

Post by Oceans14 »

As the title says, I made a terrain cutter that looks fine in xsi but is weirdly distorted and too long in ZE.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The terrain cutters are: children of a mesh, cubes, unhidden on export, and named "terraincutter" and "terraincutter1", so I pretty much followed the docs to the letter. I also froze all transforms, as that was the solution to a similar problem here. Any help would be much appreciated!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Terrain cutter doesn't conform to mesh

Post by Marth8880 »

Did you to remember to freeze the terrain cutters' operator stacks too? (Edit, Operator, Freeze Operator Stack)
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Oceans14 »

Yep, froze them both, still didn't work. I also tried making both cutters children of the same mesh, since the entire model has several parts, but that didn't work either... honestly pretty stumped at why they would randomly act so strange.

Edit: Since the original model in xsi was fine but seemed to develop the issue after export, I brought the msh into xsi and sure enough, the cutters were all over the place. Fixed them up, re-exported, badda-bing badda-boom, and they work fine. I have no idea why/how it happened, but it's solved nonetheless :)
Last edited by Oceans14 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Oceans14 wrote:Yep, froze them both, still didn't work. I also tried making both cutters children of the same mesh, since the entire model has several parts, but that didn't work either... honestly pretty stumped at why they would randomly act so strange.
To be clear, you are saying that you froze their transforms AND their operator stacks, correct? I ask because I couldn't help but notice the Texture_Support object in your hierarchy, which wouldn't still be there if your objects' operator stacks had been frozen.

Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Oceans14 »

Oh, you know you're right, I didn't actually freeze the entire stacks, just those of the cutters. That probably would've worked too lol