Weird looking model after export

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

PilotHawk
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Weird looking model after export

Post by PilotHawk »

Hey,

I'v modified one of my player model wth XSi Modtool, (added kama) but when i load my mesh in the SWBF Viewer, it lokks like that:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Any idea/suggestions?

Thanks for the help :)
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Re: Weird looking model after export

Post by MissingTexture »

I'm not an experienced modeller, but to me, it looks like the shadow volume.

I had an issue with shadow volumes before, but I just clicked on the model that included the shadow volume and hid it!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

That's right. You need to hide shadow volume, collisions, hp_fire, bones, nulls,...

And by the way it looks like you didn't added cloth to the kama geometry. Since the old meshviewer cannot display cloth ;)
PilotHawk
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PilotHawk »

MissingTexture wrote:I'm not an experienced modeller, but to me, it looks like the shadow volume.

I had an issue with shadow volumes before, but I just clicked on the model that included the shadow volume and hid it!
That's right. You need to hide shadow volume, collisions, hp_fire, bones, nulls,...
Thank you guys, it was the problem :P
And by the way it looks like you didn't added cloth to the kama geometry. Since the old meshviewer cannot display cloth ;)
Actually my Kama is not a cloth but a model chunck, i do prefer chuncks than real clothes ;)

///EDIT\\\

Well my mesh is not showing up in-game...no model at all! Just a floating weapon, even if i already verified my model with the mshedit tool :?