Custom model not exporting properly

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Custom model not exporting properly

Post by MissingTexture »

So I worked on a model for a CW Ryloth map I am doing, and it looks fine in XSI:
Hidden/Spoiler:
When I export it, then bring it into SWBFmshviewer, it ends up like this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I then import it in another XSI window and only this is there:
Hidden/Spoiler:
What happened exactly and how can I fix it, without having to make a new model & texture from scratch again?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Custom model not exporting properly

Post by Anakin »

Try my new meshviewer. The old one can not triangulate as far as I know. If my displays it correctly, you just need to triangulate the mesh
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

Anakin wrote:Try my new meshviewer. The old one can not triangulate as far as I know. If my displays it correctly, you just need to triangulate the mesh
Thanks Anakin, I just needed to triangulate the polymesh. Didn't know it was necessary for the model to be triangulated
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

.msh supports multiedged polygons and i think ZEEngine (battlefront) too. But ZETools goes just up to 4-edged and the old meshviewer does only support triangles as far as i know. My viewer can display theoretically limited but unlimited to it's size edged polygons, but since zetools does not export i cannot test it ;) so it's theoretically and to be serious you should never go over 4-edged
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

Anakin wrote:.msh supports multiedged polygons and i think ZEEngine (battlefront) too. But ZETools goes just up to 4-edged and the old meshviewer does only support triangles as far as i know. My viewer can display theoretically limited but unlimited to it's size edged polygons, but since zetools does not export i cannot test it ;) so it's theoretically and to be serious you should never go over 4-edged
I see, thanks for the advice Anakin! :)