Conversion issues

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Conversion issues

Post by iamastupid »

I've been trying to convert the stock Mos Eisley models to a more useful format (.obj/.fbx) so I can use them in Blender.

I've used meshtool to convert so far and I haven't got the UVs, and the models are damaged in some areas (Random model extensions, Floating objects etc) also it may just be me but they also seem lower quality (Probs just me)

Is there any way to get the UVs as well so I can edit them in Blender?

-And before someone replies with 'Why don't you just use XSI', I don't really like XSI (Might be because I can't use it) but this is technically not for a Battlefront 1 or 2 mod.... No more info can be given.... You didn't read anything.... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Conversion issues

Post by Marth8880 »

Your best bet is to use XSI to import the MSH files, then use XSI to export as FBX so Blender can import them.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

Marth8880 wrote:Your best bet is to use XSI to import the MSH files, then use XSI to export as FBX so Blender can import them.
I'm guessing I'd need another addon to do that, ZE Tools only let's you Import .msh files and export still to the .msh format, while all the basic XSI exports seem to be down (And if they're not then it produces an error)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Ah, that's right. I don't think Mod Tool can export FBX. In any regard, OBJ should work fine - just be sure to set it to export the UV information as well in the export settings.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

Marth8880 wrote:Ah, that's right. I don't think Mod Tool can export FBX. In any regard, OBJ should work fine - just be sure to set it to export the UV information as well in the export settings.
I don't mind exporting to .obj, but the XSI ZE tools give no option to export to obj and the normal XSI exporter is locked. Do I have to use a different plug-in than the ZE Tools to do so? If so what plug in?