shadowvolumes not showing

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

1nfiltr4t0R
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: swbf swrc allBFs
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

shadowvolumes not showing

Post by 1nfiltr4t0R »

Hey, I've got a problem, I created some models with shadowvolumes but they wont show in game, I parented them to the model in XSI and named them all sv_modelname ( so if the name of the model is "cube" I named them sv_cube, sv_cube1, sv_cube2...). I even set a new parameter called "shadowvolume", even though that isn't absolutely necessary. I placed everything under dummyroot and selected everything before exporting. I do have lighting enabled and shadowcasting is enabled as well. I tested stock objects and they all cast shadows just fine, is there anything I've not taken into account? I'm using XSI Mod Tool 7.5 and the ZETools, could there be any compatibility problem of some sort? The shadowvolumes are all low poly and enclosed, basic cubes tbh. I've tried creating lowrez models and they work just fine, vertexlighting works, specularmaps work, so what's amiss here?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: shadowvolumes not showing

Post by Marth8880 »

Please post an image of your model's hierarchy in XSI.