Model appears as stick figure in game - Update

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Model appears as stick figure in game -- Update

Post by giftheck »

xezene wrote:Hey guys, so I decided to start over with this and I got it to work in the game. But my model deforms and I am wondering what to do. It should be noted I am using the JKA-BF2 basepose milehighguy made, with a model that I brought over from JKA. Any ideas on how to make it look right?

That looks like an issue with the envelope not being quite correct. Have you weighted the mesh properly?
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Re: Model appears as stick figure in game -- Update

Post by xezene »

ggctuk wrote:That looks like an issue with the envelope not being quite correct. Have you weighted the mesh properly?
Hmm. I think I did weight it properly but I am still relatively new to this. Possibly not. And well, as for the envelope, it didn't seem to have any issues in XSI, moving the different limbs around. I tried it like this first, which was after I weight edited it, and then I devoted some time to making sure all the weights were 0 or 100. Same exact result. And it is like this with or without new basepose munge. Also, it may not be visible from the image but when he runs, his thighs become extremely thin from the side, almost like paper. The model seems to deform the more it moves.