Starting Animations from Scratch?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Gaiaden1
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Starting Animations from Scratch?

Post by Gaiaden1 »

I want to make an entire new animation set for Battlefront 2. New runs, new grenade throws, new first person animations, new secondary abilities with custom animations ala the way the republic commando mod did it, new gun reload and overheat animations, and a new sprint animation for the at-rt I believe it is. The clone wars chicken walker. How would I go about doing this? Is there a way I can just create animation sets and overwrite the vanilla files? Or do I have to port over the vanilla assets and edit them individually? If so is there a way I can simply delete the vanilla animations from the files once I port them over so I can start from scratch?
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Starting Animations from Scratch?

Post by Ginev »

Do you have any experience with making animations?Cuz i am trying to create animations aswell for months.I know how to make them but i cannot make them look good.I failed misserably.