How to get from making models to getting them in the game

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Darrkun
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 and bl
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

How to get from making models to getting them in the game

Post by Darrkun »

Hi, im really new here and hoping to learn. I was hoping to make models within blender which I could then put into bettlefront 2. However, the problem, i dont know jack about how to do that, which programs or which folders or anything, and it was just a headache trying to go through pages upon pages hoping that a discussion would have the answers based solely on the title. Just hoping to get a start to finish guide of blender model to into battlefront 2 as player model or static mesh or vehicle or whatnot.
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: How to get from making models to getting them in the gam

Post by hunpeter12 »

Hi, and welcome! The "FAQ/Everything you need" thread is what you're looking for. It's in the modding subforum. Once you are in there scroll down to the "Model (msh)" section, and click on the link "How to use Blender to make SWBF series models" or something like that. The tutorial is for an older version of Blender, but it works (mostly, I couldn't figure out how to make models with more than one texture applied). Note that you cannot do anything else, other than static props while exporting with this method. If you want to do animations and whatnot, you have to use XSI at some point. Hope I could help.
Darrkun
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 and bl
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: How to get from making models to getting them in the gam

Post by Darrkun »

Thx ill do that!