Improving theed palace model

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Improving theed palace model

Post by Lorul1 »

So I know that I can do this to make my model look better : http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=466539#p466539

But which one do you guys think will best suit my theed palace recreation from EAs battlefront 2 ?
The palace floor looks like it’s made of marble so it’s kinda glossy. what should I do with my model to acheaive this look.
Calrissian97
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: ANF - ISM Skin Changer - BF1 Ports
Games I'm Playing :: All teh BFs

Re: Improving theed palace model

Post by Calrissian97 »

I'm partial to rendertype 28. Using specular maps and normal maps (bumps will do too). You could also try to envmap the floor for that glossy reflective look.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I would use specular only for the palace floor. Then make the floor semi-transparent. When using both specular and transparency, the alpha layer of your .tga will be interpreted as an alpha map for transparency instead of a specular map, so the strength of the specular can only be adjusted through the specular decay value.

Finally, copy the entire palace interior and turn it upside-down in order to create the same reflection effect used with certain Death Star hallways and even the rotunda from stock Naboo.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Lorul1 »

Okay I will look into these (: thanks for the suggestions guys.