Unit model problem [Solved]

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

CrazyGentleman
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Geonosis Aftermath
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Unit model problem [Solved]

Post by CrazyGentleman »

Hello GT,

I have been struggling to get this .msh working. It's an already rigged and weighed .msh that I want to replace the lower legs and boots with. The custom parts that I added on to it work, but as soon as I remove the old parts that I need to remove, the munge gives errors and the game crashes once I try to load in the map.

How am I suppose to proceed?

Code: Select all

ERROR[levelpack req\imp_inf_navytrooper.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\imp_inf_navytrooper.model.req(1)...

ucft <--
ERROR[levelpack req\imp_inf_navytrooper.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\imp_inf_navytrooper.model.req(1)...
Last edited by CrazyGentleman on Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calrissian97
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: ANF - ISM Skin Changer - BF1 Ports
Games I'm Playing :: All teh BFs

Re: Unit model problem

Post by Calrissian97 »

I would suggest cleaning the side, then in XSI make sure every mesh is triangulated and there aren't any materials assigned to the model that might throw it off.
CrazyGentleman
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Geonosis Aftermath
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Re: Unit model problem

Post by CrazyGentleman »

Alright, I so far tried clean and munge, including a manual clean. I'm not too sure what you mean by triangulating the mesh? However, I have removed the material that was assigned beforehand and it didn't seem to do much.

EDIT: I have seemed to solve the issue. Apparently, when removing (weighted) points it is important that you don't press delete but alt + delete. This prevented the .msh from deforming/crashing/giving errors during munging. I declare this issue hereby solved.