Can't move second mesh after importing

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

mrcluster
Private First Class
Projects :: Tatooine - Jundland Wastes
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Can't move second mesh after importing

Post by mrcluster »

Okay, so, on my XSI with ZETools-based kitbash, I want to combine elements of two player models. When I import both models, they're over top each other. The strange thing is, though, when I try to move one mesh out of the way of another, it just refuses to move. I can manually type values into the "Transform" section on the right side of the screen, move it with my mouse, all that, and it just doesn't. Occasionally, some geometry on the moved mesh will protrude out of the other when I try to move it, likely because it seems it's getting moved by an incredibly miniscule amount. What should I do to fix this?
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Re: Can't move second mesh after importing

Post by Gogie »

mrcluster wrote:Okay, so, on my XSI with ZETools-based kitbash, I want to combine elements of two player models. When I import both models, they're over top each other. The strange thing is, though, when I try to move one mesh out of the way of another, it just refuses to move. I can manually type values into the "Transform" section on the right side of the screen, move it with my mouse, all that, and it just doesn't. Occasionally, some geometry on the moved mesh will protrude out of the other when I try to move it, likely because it seems it's getting moved by an incredibly miniscule amount. What should I do to fix this?
Sounds to me like your trying to move an object that is enveloped to a skeleton. Click your mesh and at the top of the screen go animate > envelope > remove envelope. Please not you will have to reenvelope to your skeleton after your mesh is done with modifications and freeze your transforms and operator stack prior to assigning a new envelope.
mrcluster
Private First Class
Projects :: Tatooine - Jundland Wastes
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Can't move second mesh after importing

Post by mrcluster »

Gogie wrote:
mrcluster wrote:Okay, so, on my XSI with ZETools-based kitbash, I want to combine elements of two player models. When I import both models, they're over top each other. The strange thing is, though, when I try to move one mesh out of the way of another, it just refuses to move. I can manually type values into the "Transform" section on the right side of the screen, move it with my mouse, all that, and it just doesn't. Occasionally, some geometry on the moved mesh will protrude out of the other when I try to move it, likely because it seems it's getting moved by an incredibly miniscule amount. What should I do to fix this?
Sounds to me like your trying to move an object that is enveloped to a skeleton. Click your mesh and at the top of the screen go animate > envelope > remove envelope. Please not you will have to reenvelope to your skeleton after your mesh is done with modifications and freeze your transforms and operator stack prior to assigning a new envelope.
Thanks! This should help - I'm pretty sure this is the issue.