XSI troubles

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

WideBoy

XSI troubles

Post by WideBoy »

Hey am working on some models for a map (the models are made in maya but i gotha do som work in XSI to make em work with SWBF2)

And i got some trouble making the shadowvolume and the collision stuff.

In the guide that came with the tools it says: Make the shadowvolume mesh a child of the actual mesh to which it is related.

Thats where my problem kicks in. as i said earlyer in the post i am using Maya at my normal 3d modeling and are kinda new at XSI. So what does "make shadowvolum mesh a child" mean?

If you guys got some tips on how to work with XSI to make SWBF2 props i am all ears.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: XSI troubles

Post by squipple »

Heh, I'm doing the same thing WideBoy. I'm a native Maya guy, and haven't touched XSI yet. Evidently the exporter that came with the tools isn't quite working yet, so I haven't messed in XSI yet, but I'll be interested to know any more info as well.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Theres an XSI forum on this site.

While your here .... to make something a 'child' means you put the object INSIDE.

if you dont understand , look at my 'Creating Terraincutters tutorial' thread in the XSI forum. It is a sticky.

Before asking anymore questions about XSI read ALL the posts in the XSI forum ....theres not many so it wont take long.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

no the child relationship is the one between 2 objects where your mesh is the parent and the shadowvolume is the child. open the explorer by hitting "8" and dragging and dropping the shadowvolume onto the mesh its related to link it in the hierarchy.

P.S. i really think there should be a XSI ---> SWBF2 forum here ;)
WideBoy

Post by WideBoy »

I am sorry for posting in the wrong part of the forums.
The mods can delete or move this thread of they want.

Thanks for the help evryone.
Lord-Bandu

Re: RE: XSI troubles

Post by Lord-Bandu »

minilogoguy18 wrote:no the child relationship is the one between 2 objects where your mesh is the parent and the shadowvolume is the child. open the explorer by hitting "8" and dragging and dropping the shadowvolume onto the mesh its related to link it in the hierarchy.

P.S. i really think there should be a XSI ---> SWBF2 forum here ;)
no?? err .... I think you'l find you just said exactly what I said :roll:
OGEB1103

RE: Re: RE: XSI troubles

Post by OGEB1103 »

errr i would suggest making your avatar smaller, i got told off for having one that was about 1/3 that size
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Ogeb , you can say that again!! LOL!
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

yeah i about jumped outta my seat when i had that guy staring back at me when i opened the thread >_>
WideBoy

Post by WideBoy »

Sorry about that. never been on a forum where the Avatars actualy kept the orginal size. I thougth it would resize it... hehe whups :P