JKA models...

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

JKA models...

Post by Ipodzanyman »

Is it possible to turn JKA models and use them in BF2?
I want to use These models for a courscant map
BTW If it is possible, can someone tell me how to do so....
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: JKA models...

Post by minilogoguy18 »

thats what i did with asajj, its originally neomarzs model since me and him know eachother he said i could use it since im too lazy to make her myself but i might do it cause i want to make her in some alternate looks. theres no tut on it, me and teancum just tried it and it happened to work :P
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, Mini is the model guy, and then I got her in game and did all the ODF and force power work. Hopefully we'll have something for the community soon.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Hahah sweet! Those would be good "locals" for coruscant!
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith

Post by Ipodzanyman »

yeah, I wanted to make a order 66 map...
Krun

Post by Krun »

Kewl I thought the polys might be too high, but hey if they work that will rock!! :eobi:
demon_pato

Post by demon_pato »

Mini said:". theres no tut on it, me and teancum just tried it and it happened to work "

ok but how?? u opened the *pk3 file or other thing?? with wich thing u opened it, the zero editor??
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

well u can re-name the pk3 file to a zip (example - Jedi.pk3, switch pk3 to zip and it becomes a zip file) but then u have to open it up - convert the 3D files and be able to export as a msh file, which u can't do unless u have XSI foundations or higher, but there is a msh exporter for xsi mod-tools come-in out, (XSI Mod-Tools is a free version you can download)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Let me just say this is not for anyone bug Advanced users. It involves rigging a model to a skeleton. If you're unawere how to even start that, get acquinted with it.

Essentially he opened up the PK3, (it reads the same as a zip) extracted the files, imported the glm into 3dsMax, exported so he could get it into XSI, rigged the model in XSI and exported.
Krun

Post by Krun »

Teancum,
This is excellent news! I talked to Qdin a few days ago and suggested contacting the guys at Polycount to see if they would be interested in converting or letting someone here convert their player models for SWBF1 or 2. They have some really nice Mandalorian models there as well I was really pleased with the quality of their models when I played JO/JA.
Assasin_Clone

Post by Assasin_Clone »

How to "import glm to 3dsMax"? Can you do this with the neomarz com cody? from ultima clones.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

@ Assasin_Clone -- yes, it is possible. You just need to find a person who has the knowledge, the tools and the skill. I've already got Minilogoguy18 working on another project, plus he has his own, so we shouldn't bother him with more to convert until he has these done. We don't want to burden him.
Assasin_Clone

Post by Assasin_Clone »

Yeah, I have the tools for JA but don´t have XSI(too expensive). But anyway, thanks Teancum!
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

yeah and you really shouldnt go converting others models without there consent, most modellers like my self find it kinda rude that someone takes it and converts and slaps thier name on it. i converted marzs' asajj because he said i could and i knew how to convert it because i also know how to do playermodels for JA so i know how to rig and also animate a model. like teancum said, im far too busy to do it for someone, its pretty simple to learn though, theres a tutorial on softimage.com on how to use the wieght painter panel and just download the unit_template.emdl from psych0freds forum.
Krun

Post by Krun »

minilogoguy18,
Thanks and yes I agree about converting the models without consent. I emailed Tim about his Mandalorians, but never got a response guess he's busy.
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

Very nice that JA models can be imported. Someone should definately contact kman http://lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=527 to use his plo koon model and hapslash for obi-wan. Not sure if toonces or aaron smith are reachable anymore but their models such as qui-gon, shaak ti, quinlan vos and saesee tiin would be great to have.
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith

Post by Ipodzanyman »

I know you'd need permission, but i was kinda curious how ya' did it...
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I'd like to see Neo Marz's Shaak Ti and Adi Gallia models converted. Adi Gallia could just be renamed Stass Allie and Mazda can use it for his Saleucami map.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

i think im only gonna convert 1 more JA model and thats it because the polycount on the is too high and using the polygon reducer can only go so far without messing up the model. that model is the quigon jinn model for teancum for helping me with getting asajj in game, casue she even has her fair amount of problems, its just easier to make a model from scratch.
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

Ok so you guys actually had some luck with Asajji?

Someone posted a link to a huge collection of JKA clone models and I was excited in hopes of some more good clone models that could possibly be imported... I seem to have lost that link, anyone link me to that collection that I thought was in the Clone Wars Realism mod topic, but I can't seem to find anymore...

~OOM-9