XSI is dodgy

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

Sorry for my ignorance psych0fred, but I read every one of the 19 docs that came with the tools and didn't read anywhere that you absolutely need an odf anywhere. I even read the odf_guide.doc and know what an odf is, but I still didn't make the connection that and odf is required for an object to show up in the game.
No, I don't know the most basic rules about moddding. That's why I'm here asking questions. :) And from the sounds of previous posts, there are a few others that may have had the same problem.

And before making assumptions, I'm one of those guy who's taught myself almost everything I know through reading books and docs such as the ones you write. It's a treat to have a resource such as GT, but perhaps I abused it. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into making docs for the tools, psych0fred, but I'm just as disturbed that you'd get angry at someone that couldn't find some information in them.
pinioncorp

Post by pinioncorp »

In XSI I am getting the following error:

'ERROR : 2262 - This plug-in could not be loaded: '<path: c:\users\x x\Softimage\XSI_4.2_ModTool\Addons\PandemicBF2\Application\Plugins\RegisterPandemicScripts.js>'

I know its the problem but i can't seem to resolve the issue. What is the correct way to install the exporter?
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by minilogoguy18 »

its because your using mod tools and the plugin doesnt work with it, they are making one for mod tools so youll just have to wait.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Directly from the documentation

The game itself is made up of levels created with a terrain editor consisting of objects created with Softimage XSI and exported using a special add on that outputs a mesh file. The models are recognized by the editor by way of an Object Definition File, a text file that defines an object and all of it's properties. The ODF files define the properties of objects not just for the game but also for the editor. Once a model is exported an ODF file must be manually created first before it can be used in the editor.
Took me all of two seconds to find that, and proves that you might have skimmed over the docs, but you certainly didn't read them.

I'm with psych0fred on this one.