How do I create objects and textures for SWBF2? [Solved]

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Jessman

How do I create objects and textures for SWBF2? [Solved]

Post by Jessman »

Can you just model objects and vehicles in rhino 3d and import them into zero ediotr? How exactly does one go about making their own custom ships, vehciles, objects, and terrain?
Lord-Bandu

RE: how to create your own objects and textures for use in z

Post by Lord-Bandu »

you have to have XSI and install the XSI exporter ,that comes with the tools.
Darthlarrious

Post by Darthlarrious »

but untill Softimage releases the Mod-Tool exporter, you'll have to buy XSI Foundations, Essentials or Advanced 4.2 (i'm not sure if 5.0 is compatible)

for the rest, i reccomend reading the documentation, you'll find some pretty interrested stuff in there, and will probably answer your own questions.

Metal On

Darthlarrious
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

5.0 works since i used it to get asajj in game, but no other program has a .msh exporter that im aware of.
MutantMonkey

Post by MutantMonkey »

As for creating textures...
I had a lil problem at 1st - I found an image program that could save .TGA (TARGA) but they did not work properly in ZE however I now know a way (and its FREE!)....

Using an image editor of your choice to create images (or existing image files) and a freeware program called BIMP Lite (virus, adware, etc NOT included! - I've checked it with up-to-date Panda Titanium) - it alows you to convert image files to ZE compatible .TGA format ;)
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

all the tga's in SWBF2 are just 24 bit single layered and the background layer is locked.