Textures all sliced?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Vyse
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Textures all sliced?

Post by Vyse »

Heres what happened. I scaled down my model and didn't realize that the cubic texture box for it was not selected so the box was way bigger. I didn't see that though and came back later, I tried scaling the texture box down to fit but it wasn't linning up right, so I deleted it and selected my merged model went create>material>phong .etc only problem is that the texture doesn't show up in XSI when I have the textured window selected and Render Preview looks like this? Any ideas?

Lord-Bandu

RE: Textures all sliced?

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Iv not encountered this before but when you have textured your object you should freeze the texture (in the EDIT of the Texture Editor)so that if you scale the texture later your texture co-ords will stay in tact.

You could select your model, press 8 and go into the model heirachy and delete Texture co-ords (poly.msh / clusters / texture co-ords )

You could try undoing (Ctrl + Z ) till the point your model wasnt changed in scale.

You should look at my directions for texturing in the XSI forum. Works perfectly for SWBF1/2.
Talibanman

RE: Textures all sliced?

Post by Talibanman »

looks a lot like a revolver, btw :D
Vyse
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Vyse »

Well, thankfully I had a earlier version saved before the prob but I can't find your thread Bandu in XSI--->SWBF board....?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I didnt start the thread . Il take a look for it.