Minilogoguy18=Genius (New player models)

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Vyse
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Minilogoguy18=Genius (New player models)

Post by Vyse »

I know the present screen isn't anything to call home about but I just got a MSH that I can edit in XSI in game without crashing!!!! WOW some many possiblities! Just a sign of things to come and all thanks goes to Minilogoguy!!! He is a Genius!!!! THANK YOU MINILOGOGUY!!!!!!! :D
and thanks to PYSCHO FRED for all his work in our community!

EDIT:
Not sure exactly where I should of posted this.... maybe its just spam lol. *is happy*

(the black is a prob with the shadow volume, don't quite know why but I'll fix it :wink: )
drummerzoid1

RE: Minilogoguy18=Genius (New player models)

Post by drummerzoid1 »

is there any tutorials on modling?
Vyse
General
General

Re: RE: Minilogoguy18=Genius (New player models)

Post by Vyse »

drummerzoid1 wrote:is there any tutorials on modling?
You need XSI foundation or a version that can use the exporter released with the mod tools.

There is a read me in there along with the model you import and can edit.(which is what I plan on doing) in this link. The read me is a real basic tut.

http://www.secretsociety.com/FORUM/down ... e_Beta.zip

EDIT:
Also at http://www.lucasfiles.com there is a basic modeling tut in the SWBF1 section!
drummerzoid1

RE: Re: RE: Minilogoguy18=Genius (New player models)

Post by drummerzoid1 »

thank you so much, now to finish my atot! and laat/i or a whatever the one that is the carrier for the atte
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

thank you so much, now to finish my atot! and laat/i or a whatever the one that is the carrier for the atte
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

what you need to do is look at the shots in the zip file and see how the layers are set up and before export you need to uncheck visibility and selectability for the bones, shadows, collisions and hardpoints. what you should do is select the mesh and open the layer panel with 6 and do layer>new layer from selection and make new layers that way and keep layer default with all the bones in it since theres so many to select so just make layers from everything else to divide it up.